well that's it I think.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
    Audio and lighting? Were you in the entertainment industry then?

I was a DJ full time for seven years. I started repairing my own kit because I got fed up with established businesses telling me things were beyond economical reapair and that I should buy a new one (just sign here for a bucketload of finance) only to find that there was a glass fuse blown because I had an intermittant short on a speaker lead.

People started bringing their equipment to me, which I repaired at home to begin with, then I got a small industrial unit. I built it up to the point where I was working at it full time + some. I used to repair everything from mixers and amps to lighting controllers/strobes, in nightclubs, pubs, Thames leasureboats and all sorts. Musicians started bringing their stuff to me as well. Happy days they were - long happy 16 hour days.

I took up ham radio and retrained in comms and have had a "proper job" for nearly 20 years now.

It is absolutely gutting to pull the plug on something you like doing and have worked hard to build up.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I am a radio amateur too...
      Shame when things u love go down the .......

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      ltd takes the brunt you dont
      Good that saves me having the hasstle...
      I got all the equipment in a private place now so the LTD has nothing....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
        I got all the equipment in a private place now so the LTD has nothing....
        If you bought it throught the company, it belongs to the company. If not, happy days. Anyway, sorry to hear about your problems. Good luck with the driving.

Comment

but if you put some of you own money into keeping the company alive then your company owes you too
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
            but if you put some of you own money into keeping the company alive then your company owes you too
            Correct, but you just join the long queue of creditors....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              Correct, but you just join the long queue of creditors....
              ya do ya do
              unless your the biggest creditor ya have to wait in line
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                If you bought it throught the company, it belongs to the company. If not, happy days. Anyway, sorry to hear about your problems. Good luck with the driving.
                yeh well the cue ain't that long and yes the stuff was bought privately...

I only owe a little for advertising and some on the franken machine but that is it really so not bad just liquidating before it gets to bad....

I owe way more privately than via the company....
                One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil View Post
                  I was a DJ full time for seven years. I started repairing my own kit because I got fed up with established businesses telling me things were beyond economical reapair and that I should buy a new one (just sign here for a bucketload of finance) only to find that there was a glass fuse blown because I had an intermittant short on a speaker lead.

People started bringing their equipment to me, which I repaired at home to begin with, then I got a small industrial unit. I built it up to the point where I was working at it full time + some. I used to repair everything from mixers and amps to lighting controllers/strobes, in nightclubs, pubs, Thames leasureboats and all sorts. Musicians started bringing their stuff to me as well. Happy days they were - long happy 16 hour days.

I took up ham radio and retrained in comms and have had a "proper job" for nearly 20 years now.

It is absolutely gutting to pull the plug on something you like doing and have worked hard to build up.
                  Its nice to hear about someone that did a similair job to me. Repairing kit for the entertainment ind that is. I started out working for a company called unusual rigging, then went self employed for 2 years inspecting and testing chain hoists and loose gear. Then I was asked to run the rigging warehouse at a company called star events group. This I did for 4 years before deciding I needed a change.
                  So I went back self employed. Most of my work is now still done for star events but I travel all over the country with a towable test rig and test and inspect electric chain hoists. My test rig can test anything from 300Kg to about 2.5t. With only 100Kg of weights. I believe it to be the only one on the planet. One of the stage builders at star events and myself designed and built it. So if you see a burgandy 2nd gen towing what looks like an oil rig its me.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Very sorry to here your news i do not know you but as a fellow small ltd company i feel for you having to take the decision you have as i am nearly there myself. Such a sole destroying feeling i hope it all works out for you. Best of luck Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      Not long now.......

Comment

Early for me. Wonder what Toby is up to now?
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X