Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you?

What Happened to Ems and Jim?
    For my first weeks of HI-Lux forum reading.
    Post from Ems and Jim made compulsive reading.
    Now not a squeak.
    Are you still out there Ems and Jim?
    Don
    Still rolling and waving

Originally posted by Oldone
    What Happened to Ems and Jim?
    For my first weeks of HI-Lux forum reading.
    Post from Ems and Jim made compulsive reading.
    Now not a squeak.
    Are you still out there Ems and Jim?
    Don
    Ems and Jim posted in Offroad Centres recently. They are busy restoring their Morris Minor(s).

Anyone heard from ColinCD? I wonder how his Toyota Pickup Offroader is coming along?

And TonyN hasn't posted for at least 10 hours!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

colincd has been quiet i enjoyed his jokes and his sense of humour.
      hes not been on since 20th jan
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

im here

well im still about lol
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          And TonyN hasn't posted for at least 10 hours!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Don et al !!!!

We're still about..... occasionally ! The Minor (1 of 2 ) is now mot'd taxed and being used - alhtouhg the 1300 engine is sitting awaiting a total rebuild

The Surf is doing fine.... apart from a couple of lumps being taken out of her by passing traffic when she's been parked (Namely a tail lamp, rear arch & front bumper corner)

I have however got round to wiring up the enormous fog lamps that Hormy gave us... enormous.... bright and totally obscuring the front numberplate !!

Turns out the entire exhaust across the back axle has split too..... but shhhhhh coz no-one has noticed !

EDIT... and I forgot.... the alternator fell off 2 weeks ago....... Gormless Homans Garage left the bottom bolt loose after engine refit so the top bolt sheared off... a few hours sweat, a pillar drill, a tap & die set and a new case harded bolt..... the fun we had !!!!!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ems and Jim; 20 May 2004, 00:34.
            [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
              Hi Don et al !!!!

We're still about..... occasionally ! The Minor (1 of 2 ) is now mot'd taxed and being used - alhtouhg the 1300 engine is sitting awaiting a total rebuild

The Surf is doing fine.... apart from a couple of lumps being taken out of her by passing traffic when she's been parked (Namely a tail lamp, rear arch & front bumper corner)

I have however got round to wiring up the enormous fog lamps that Hormy gave us... enormous.... bright and totally obscuring the front numberplate !!

Turns out the entire exhaust across the back axle has split too..... but shhhhhh coz no-one has noticed !

EDIT... and I forgot.... the alternator fell off 2 weeks ago....... Gormless Homans Garage left the bottom bolt loose after engine refit so the top bolt sheared off... a few hours sweat, a pillar drill, a tap & die set and a new case harded bolt..... the fun we had !!!!!!
              My exhaust has split in the same place. Off the Halfords today to get some Gin Gum and repair bandage. Did it a couple of weeks ago without the gun gum and it just burnt through the aluminium tape and the bandage.

Cheers

Comment

halfords???????????

ACK dont say the h word they are bad people there that wanted to charge me £60 for a £30 pair of spots and nearly £40 for a exhaust tailpipe trim, went to my local parts shop and got the same stuff for a lot less

Comment

Working...
                X