• Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=fatfires;520531]
    Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post

sorry just couldnt resist
    yep i know soon as i clicked submit,i thought ere we go lol

Comment

Marine diesel engines
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        Marine diesel engines
        ahhh ok,well hope it all goes ok mark

Comment

Hope all goes well 'stein

Comment

good luck mate ,
            but if you do get the chop, can you grab me one of them filler neck cap thingys before you go, i think the one on stein is fecked, i took the extra gasket off but it still leaks, and i cant find a replacement anywhere
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Best of british to you mate!!

Seem to land on your feet most of the time so have faith!!

Comment

Good luck mate, Linda got the heave-ho on wednesday. Its a sign of the times.

Finger crossed they realise they need a joker to keep people happy..
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  Good luck mate, Linda got the heave-ho on wednesday. Its a sign of the times.

Finger crossed they realise they need a joker to keep people happy..
                  mr"N" is that really you or a figment of my imagination. hope the house is coming allong nicely dude,sorry to hear about linda mate,i did hear through the grapevine something to that effect,must get mu butt on face book.wish linda all the best from me shirl and lets hope she finds something soon,unless she becomes project manager on the house build, get her a job quick man or else you'll have no peace.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mark, but do not offer to work for the Yeti, YOU WILL REGRET IT, i promise.....................
                    Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                      hey gra do you think the leather fetish thing could take off
                      Definitely!

We turned over £60k a year simply flogging kinky thigh boots to ... ahem... women with big feet.

Something I wouldn't mind getting back into.

(Flogging kinky boots - not necessarily women with big feet...)
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Definitely!

We turned over £60k a year simply flogging kinky thigh boots to ... ahem... women with big feet.

Something I wouldn't mind getting back into.

(Flogging kinky boots - not necessarily women with big feet...)
                        Would that be like the film with the same name?? (northampton firm ends up at show in milan!!!!)

Alan
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Same deal yeah, but we weren't manufacturing. We were just buying in chinese goods at £10 / pair and flogging them on at anything between £30 and £110 a pair - depending on how mad the buyer was!

I think our best profits were a pair of pink knee boots bought for £5 as an end of line item, and sold for over £70, and a pair of black platform thigh boots bought for a shade under £20 (thats expensive for wholesale!) and sold for £110!

We turned over £1000 in one day once, which worked out at over £400 profit. Oh if only every day could have been like that...

The bottom has fallen out of it now, mainly due to 'hobby ebay sellers' who buy a couple of items and sell for a few quid above the wholesale, just for the fun of it. The businesses, who are paying tax / staff / storage etc cant compete so jack it in. It's the wholesalers fault really as they reduced the MOQ in order to sell bits and bobs to that type of seller, rather than keeping reasonable high MOQ so only proper businesses could buy.

We saw it happen. When we started out, our wholesalers wouldn't look at you unless you were gonna buy at least 12 pairs per style, but when we packed in, they'd sell you one pair, even without a trade account. They shot themselves in the foot really, as they're suffering now too.
                          Last edited by Apache; 19 January 2009, 14:21.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Know exactly what you mean about the hobbyists on eblag mate.
                            My mate packed in his jag breaking/spares business for exactly the same reasons!
                            Good film tho', was on the box again the other night!

Alan
                            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Well?????? Hope it's good news mate, I really do....
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Well Mark whats the result ????
                                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                                X