Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evismaniac View Post
    How doo!

Thought I would post up as I have been searching and reading info for the past 2 days on these motors before purchasing one yesterday!

After wanting a cheap, but good value truck, I eventually found the Hilux Surf and decided it was the one for me (and in my budget).

Will post pics up when i find my camera charger.

What can I say I am really impressed with it. it is the 2.4 TD model (would have preferred a 3.0 but never mind), and I read they can have head problems, but all seemed well, so fingers crossed! if I do

end up with problems then so be it, but hopefully worry free driving! (it is a 17 year old car almost after all)

it isnt very fast, but not really a problem (is the 3.0 much better?)

Ride is lovely, very comfy, very easy and smooth to drive! Feels like I have owned it 3 years not 1 day which is strange for a new vehicle!

It is the SSR-X model (what features does this have or not have over other models? would be interesting to know)

It has wider arches than normal, and some big fat wheels/tyres which I am happy with as it looks meaty!

Most things seem to work fine, other than the rear window going up, but will look at that tomorrow (i have read info on here how to sort it).

The brakes seem a bit crap, under breaking they feel like the discs have warped actually, so will get those replaced as soon as!

I plan to do an oil, filter and coolant change as well next week, but iv checked them all and all look good!

Pics to follow!

Cheers!
    Welcome mate, i'm new also just two weeks back, got a blue 1996 3rd gen Surf 3.0 ssrx and love it,been a classic ford man all my life and this is life changing. Only got it to tow a boat....Just done a service/and cambelt(for peace of mind-it was a genuine toyota one I took off!!) and its running sweet as. catcha soon

Comment

Watching you, watching me, watching you !
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Trev you need these eyes

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          Trev you need these eyes

I'm having a few scotches, I'll soon have them eyes

Seen BBC4 ?

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

welcome to the mad house
            cheers shaun
            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              Some of the people on here know surfs inside out, & what they don't know is'nt worth knowing.
              What I know isn't worth knowing....

Welcome, Craig. Nice arches and wheels. If the 2.4 goes, put a V8 in, none of that 3.0 nonsense.

Comment

i lurve those wheels,seen a couple of sets before,u do realise they polish up to mirror finish?

Comment

[quote=si tate;519958 what they don't know is'nt worth knowing.

[/quote]

what i dont know is well worth knowing.
                  i dont know who will win the grand national this year,i dont know what time it is in swaziland and i definitely dont know what the hell im going on a bout (pretty much all the time)

but welcome anyhow
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                    hi and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure,
                    to answer a few of your questions there were so many toys that the japs could have on the options list thats its hard to find two trucks with the same toys.
                    there is a lot of difference in power between the 2.4 and 3.0ltr the 3.oltr would of been the better option but needs must,just make sure your cooling system is in tip top condition if unsure re new the coolant,and burp the system do a search on here for info. as for the brakes sounds like you have warped discs there not to bad to change.
                    Na disks aint to bad to change, IF U KNOW WHAT UR DOING, took me 6 phone calls and bleeding hours to work out how to get the damn things off. When taking them off keep a big block of wood handy and a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                      Na disks aint to bad to change, IF U KNOW WHAT UR DOING, took me 6 phone calls and bleeding hours to work out how to get the damn things off. When taking them off keep a big block of wood handy and a hammer.

Did my disc's & pads in record time, 4 & half hours, well record time for me that is.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Did my disc's & pads in record time, 4 & half hours, well record time for me that is.
                        Must have took me bout that amoount o time to, Remember and order the fitting kit too, i ended up having to destroy my pins trying to get them out

Comment

I need them arches. Whats your address and what time do you go to sleep.
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                            I need them arches. Whats your address and what time do you go to sleep.
                            http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp...&search=Search
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                              Must have took me bout that amoount o time to, Remember and order the fitting kit too, i ended up having to destroy my pins trying to get them out
                              They must have been well seized in, i pushed mine out with my fingers.

judging by your avatar you do like to get it shitted up a bit so over time that would'nt have helped
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thats not them arches though, they look like the ones I have already.
                                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X