Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteryman

hi all
    has anyone ever used the batteryman at rochdale. are they any good.
    they have a deal on at moment 2 batteries for £95 but they are 540amp and they are listed as being for the surf. but halfords state that surfs have to be 740amp who is rite.
    is 540a and 740a the start up power or the cold cranking power whats the difference.
    need to now before buying them
    thanks

I got batts from him through ebay, very good service, very helpful on the phone, he suggested i try these as they are higher cca (one is enough to start the truck) and have 4 poles on each which is handy for connecting accessories. Been on for over a year no problems at all. I can't see the batteries which i've got in his online shop but if you give him a ring i'm sure he'll be able to advise.
    Lifes a beach, so lets surf!

Comment

Originally posted by sketty View Post
      hi all
      has anyone ever used the batteryman at rochdale. are they any good.
      they have a deal on at moment 2 batteries for £95 but they are 540amp and they are listed as being for the surf. but halfords state that surfs have to be 740amp who is rite.
      is 540a and 740a the start up power or the cold cranking power whats the difference.
      need to now before buying them
      thanks

Hey sketty, i think 540cca would be ok, i bought a new one for mine about 3 months ago "single battery surf" with 650cca.

The old one i took off was only 540cca & it had been on a number of years but before it gave up the ghost it was fine, although a couple 740cca sounds better.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

cheers lads will get them sorted now

Comment

Thats over 1000A cranking power between them (which is why they use two batteries), which I think you'll find is plenty.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X