Max load permitted/recommended ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max load permitted/recommended ?

What's the max load permitted in a surf/4runner ?

I need to pick up some hardwood flooring, and estimate the weight at about 350-430 Kg. (25 square metres of oak).

I'd have thought that half a ton would be OK, or will i be doing a wheelie the whole way home ?.....

Originally posted by turbotommy
    What's the max load permitted in a surf/4runner ?

I need to pick up some hardwood flooring, and estimate the weight at about 350-430 Kg. (25 square metres of oak).

I'd have thought that half a ton would be OK, or will i be doing a wheelie the whole way home ?.....
    You should be fine for @ 600kg including Driver & passenger(s), I would recommend putting the flooring as far forward as you can through to spread the weight on the axles.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I'll have to leave the wife at home then....that'll save me
      how many Kg ?

Comment

I'll have to leave the wife at home then....that'll save me
        how many Kg ?
        That depends on whether or not she can see this, and how cosy the kennel is in the back garden !

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Assumed............

I had assumed that as the running gear and chassis was based on a 1 - tonne pick up - then it should carry a tonne.

So far I've had a 950kg load of sand, cement and aggregate and on another occasion a 750kg load of sand in the back with no problem at all. Cornering, braking and accelleration all fine. No real suspension sag.

It'll do 350kg no sweat.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
            I had assumed that as the running gear and chassis was based on a 1 - tonne pick up - then it should carry a tonne.

So far I've had a 950kg load of sand, cement and aggregate and on another occasion a 750kg load of sand in the back with no problem at all. Cornering, braking and accelleration all fine. No real suspension sag.

It'll do 350kg no sweat.

Rob
            Aha, so i CAN take the missus...

Comment

Aha, so i CAN take the missus...
              And If you use your sweet talk she might even pay for it for you.

Geoff.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

My 4Runner has a NVM of 1900 kg and a GVM of 2510, giving me a payload of 610 kg. With HD shocks and springs it brings my payload up to around 800kg. This is the recommended thinking for "expedition" use, ie: on poor roads, corrugations and really rough tracks, so for just ambling around on our nice smooth tar I'd say you're well within your limits.
                @africa4x4cafe
                [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Saying that, I recently went down to Cornwall with all my overland kit and daughter on board and when I weighed the whole thing at a public weigh bridge it came in at 2820 kg all in - nearly 900kg payload. +/- 60mph all the way down - no overheating or butt sag - but then again I have modified the cooling system and suspension.
                  @africa4x4cafe
                  [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X