Nerd vs. Geek...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
    nerd : an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
    an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession

yup mattf in a rage

Geek: is a person who is inordinately dedicated to and involved with the technologyto the point of sometimes not appearing to be like the rest of us (non-geeks).Being a geek also implies a capability with the technology. ...
    yup mattf talking 'puters and 'lectrics
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I have had to explain this to my girlfriend a couple of times

i always call my GF a geek (cos she is, shes a right geek) the differences are as follows

Nerds - Nerds are Clever, they were the swots you knew at skool, book worms, class prefects and so on, NERDS

Geeks - Geeks on the other hand dont have to be clever, geeks are the type of people when they laff milk comes out their nose, terrible dress sense,sumthin that stands out an allows other to make fun of them, wether it be glasses or buck teeth, and an awfull laff or something... thats a geek

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
        I'm tryin to figure out which class i fall into. I have the need to research everything i can about something and find the best one or the best deal on anything.

I spent 2 hours yesterday finding the best front tyres at the best price for my mums auto ford focus, cos she mentioned she might look at getting some soon. It works out well though, she bought 3 kumho's and my dad got a puncture fixed on his landrover, all for less than £100.

my mates say i should set up a forum forum, due to most things i talk about i found out on a forum.

just looked through my favourites, and it turns out i have logon's and passwords for about 37 forums.

Is that Nerd, Geek, or OCD?

Martin

PS. I feel so much better i've got that off my chest

no thats just sad

hahaha only messing, that would classed as a nerd (taking particular intrest in something or exceling at somthing)

Comment

Im getting concerned that i could be a bit of a geeky nerd....

Comment

heres an example four you, when i asked about tyres on the forum the other day, everyone referred me to you, everyone said it was your thing and thats what u do, u were the tyre guru...

hey presto, that would make u a nerd, knowing a lot (or more than the average jo) about something

now if u were the type of person to wear bib an braces while u work on your car, or have 4 inch thick bin lid glasses that u wear while reading, then yes, your verging on a geeky nerd

haha

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
              heres an example four you, when i asked about tyres on the forum the other day, everyone referred me to you, everyone said it was your thing and thats what u do, u were the tyre guru...

hey presto, that would make u a nerd, knowing a lot (or more than the average jo) about something

now if u were the type of person to wear bib an braces while u work on your car, or have 4 inch thick bin lid glasses that u wear while reading, then yes, your verging on a geeky nerd

haha

I wear Glasses.... Not mega thick ones!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                Im getting concerned that i could be a bit of a geeky nerd....
                no not at all

more a nerdy geek
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X