Nerd vs. Geek...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerd vs. Geek...

What is the difference between a nerd, and a geek???

I just wanted to ask....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
    What is the difference between a nerd, and a geek???

I just wanted to ask....

a nerd is a nerd at every thing
    a geek is just a geek thats very good at 1 thing or more
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

And either can be a weiner, but a nerd is more likely to be.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I got asked this on another forum because someone got upset that they called people who made kitcars nerds. I agreed and it all kicked off. Anyway:

"Nerd - A nerd is very similar to a geek, but with more RAM and a faster modem. Nerds often find geeks dull because geeks don't spend enough time talking about computers."

Comment

my old gameing buddy is called
          iamageek (and he is one)
          he all ways said
          that a nerd has no chance of getting a woman

a geek will impress a woman with his geeky ways
          a nerd will spend 6 mounths working out how to talk to a woman
          then 6 mouths on what to do with a woman
          were has the geek has been in there 12 mounths

iamageek lives in texas his gf lives in holland (fit model) he's a geek
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

its simple

mattf in a rage............nerd

mattf talking computers..........geek
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Are you back in Blighty luv, or did you wet the super king size again??
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                Are you back in Blighty luv, or did you wet the super king size again??
                further to our recent converstaion thir...........

one is back in blighty,back in eastbourne just now,scratching around for work..........sometime this years i should be able to pick my job,as new eu legislation means all i have done for the last 5 years needs to be done again.,wahoo !!!!!

AND I NEVER WET THE SUPER DYNAMO MAX BLASTER MATTRESS.........(i pooed it)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                  iamageek lives in texas his gf lives in holland (fit model) he's a geek

Yeah, I've got a super fit girlfriend who lives in Australia. You can't meet her though, um, her parents won't let her out, um, she was in an accident. She is real though.

Comment

My buddy always says its a case of a nerd is someone who's cool other then one lame interest that they get way to involved in!

But we always argue over it.

Eithers fairly bad!!

I think im a geek... I dont get involved lighty with anything!

Comment

I'm tryin to figure out which class i fall into. I have the need to research everything i can about something and find the best one or the best deal on anything.

I spent 2 hours yesterday finding the best front tyres at the best price for my mums auto ford focus, cos she mentioned she might look at getting some soon. It works out well though, she bought 3 kumho's and my dad got a puncture fixed on his landrover, all for less than £100.

my mates say i should set up a forum forum, due to most things i talk about i found out on a forum.

just looked through my favourites, and it turns out i have logon's and passwords for about 37 forums.

Is that Nerd, Geek, or OCD?

Martin

PS. I feel so much better i've got that off my chest
                      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
                        I'm tryin to figure out which class i fall into. I have the need to research everything i can about something and find the best one or the best deal on anything.

I spent 2 hours yesterday finding the best front tyres at the best price for my mums auto ford focus, cos she mentioned she might look at getting some soon. It works out well though, she bought 3 kumho's and my dad got a puncture fixed on his landrover, all for less than £100.

my mates say i should set up a forum forum, due to most things i talk about i found out on a forum.

just looked through my favourites, and it turns out i have logon's and passwords for about 37 forums.

Is that Nerd, Geek, or OCD?

Martin

PS. I feel so much better i've got that off my chest
                        Dear god, thats me as well. My friends tend to groan when I mention the word 'forum'

My last flat mate has ripped the #### ever since she found me writing down the relative insurance/MPG/price/notes etc etc figures for cars I was looking a some years ago and now whenever I'm talking about buying anything she will without fail say 'are you going to create a matrix for that?'

funny, I'm completely disorganised with everything until it comes to spending when suddenly I become very nerd/OCD! Having said that, I always manage to get cheap deal, save money etc. etc. but always seem to spend more than I should. How does that work?!?

I always go for the best deals everywhere too- if I could only charge everyone 50% of what they saved when I help them I would be laughing!
                        gotta love moneysavingexpert.com for all the tips too.

in summary I think its nerd

and maybe a bit OCD

with a smattering of geek

Comment

indeed, i'm just the same.

the only other thing i find is if i find something i want in a shop for say £150, i'll then hunt the net and find it for £100, but then think, "well i was gonna spend £150 anyway" so i end up buying the next model up for £165, "cos it was only £15 more than i was gonna spend anyway"

Plus i get bored and impatient halfway through a project having already spent lots of money on it. (eg my kit car, owned for 7 years and i've not driven it yet!).

My current fixation is an exyention on the house, which could be costly, especially if i get bored halfway through!!

The rest of my life is completely disorganised, mainly cos those things aren't interesting anymore, like doing my washing and ironging regularly, hovering or washing up etc.

think i'm a geek, hang on i'll go look it up on another forum

Martin
                          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Nothing wrong with saving a few quid!!

I got a whole new pc set up about a 3 weeks ago..

saved over £400 by looking in the right places and hunting down bargains!!

Comment

nerd : an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
                              an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession

Geek: is a person who is inordinately dedicated to and involved with the technologyto the point of sometimes not appearing to be like the rest of us (non-geeks).Being a geek also implies a capability with the technology. ...
                              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X