Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first day with the DSLR and manual lense

Thanks for the tips earlier everyone...

Here is the result of my first time out with the E-410 and a manual focus lense- the big deal being the E-410 is a digital camera with auto everything that I am using to learn how to take pictures, and have bought some manual lenses and set everything to manual to learn what it all does and how to get what I want....so, here is an hours worth of edited highlights...

www.flickr.com/photos/agilitypics
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

well i think they look good mate nice and clear
    ever checked youtube out lots about photography
    dslr settings and stuff
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Thanks for the tips earlier everyone...

Here is the result of my first time out with the E-410 and a manual focus lense- the big deal being the E-410 is a digital camera with auto everything that I am using to learn how to take pictures, and have bought some manual lenses and set everything to manual to learn what it all does and how to get what I want....so, here is an hours worth of edited highlights...

www.flickr.com/photos/agilitypics
      i haveno idea what all the above means ,but stunning pics sir.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

some great shots there

Comment

some really good pics there Andy.I like to see dogs doing the agility especially when they enjoy doing it.

If you need Growlers number give me a shout and i'll pm it for you
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=scTkyKARqEA
            iam, learning now what its all about
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Some good pics there Andy
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

cool pics andy, my only nitpic would be there a little under expose. you could alter this in PS or with the software that came with the dslr.

are you taking the pics in raw mode or jpeg?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
                  cool pics andy, my only nitpic would be there a little under expose. you could alter this in PS or with the software that came with the dslr.

are you taking the pics in raw mode or jpeg?
                  Yeah, some of them were taken with a shutter speed of 1/320 and f3.5, but there was more light around than I thought, so I left it at f3.5 and went to 1/500 which made it a bit better, but left the ISO at 400 - could have changed that, and I'll play with the PhotoImpact stuff I've got to darken then, but when printed they look really good...

Comment

cool, as you know it takes time to understand it all lol. theres a forum that i find really handy, full of knowledge. i'm a member on there lol

heres the link http://www.inspiring-photography.com/forum/index.php

Comment

Excellent results for a first day playing - the first one would be spectacular if it was slightly lighter (can probably do in PS or similar, as wolf said). Like the facial expression on 691 too!

What lens did you get in the end? Is f/3.5 the max aperture?
                      Andy
                      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

For a really good photography forum try Ephotozine. Not everyone's cup of tea as it's a bit like this forum, you can get the pi** ripped out of you at the drop of a hat, but (and it's a big but) they are doing it in fun, no harm meant, and, there's a lot of REALLY good photographers on there including more professionals than you can shake a stick at.
                        You can, and will, get more help on there than you ever dreamt of but, if you ask for it,be prepared for some real criticism on your pics.
                        Don't be disheartened when you see folk using cameras costing £6000 +, Adobe lightroom, PS cs3 + 4, the latest Genuine fractuals etc as there lots using budget dslr's and compacts. After all, it's not the camera, it's the user. When was the last time you complimented the chef on his choice of saucepans for cooking a good meal.

Rod

Comment

Some good pics there Andy.

Blooming good for your first real outing with the setup

Comment

Sorry, meant to say that you have some good shots there. I like the one with the motion blur jumping the gate, about third or fourth (ish) along. Just enough to show some action.

Rod

Comment

Originally posted by rodp View Post
                              Sorry, meant to say that you have some good shots there. I like the one with the motion blur jumping the gate, about third or fourth (ish) along. Just enough to show some action.

Rod
                              Thanks for the tip on the forum, I'll have a look - I like to get criticism for stuff like this, as it's the best way to learn and improve

That isn't motion blur - it's the dogs coat that is moving in the wind...

Comment

Working...
                              X