Lsd Or Not Lsd, That Is The Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    Can't see a label for the 3 coats of underseal.
    Well that was a bit daft wasn't it?!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Well that was a bit daft wasn't it?!

On a positive note, at least the underside won't rust if the truck gets stranded in a field of long wet grass because of no LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        On a positive note, at least the underside won't rust if the truck gets stranded in a field of long wet grass because of no LSD.
        True...

Have you seen how thick the diff casing is? Its the sort of thing you could use as a mooring in salt water for 20 years, haul it up and bolt it back on the truck! I think underseal is perhaps unneccessary on the diff TBH...
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Rather than jacking the truck up and asking for advice on what way the wheels should spin, look at the label on the diff. That will tell you.
          Can't see a label for the 3 coats of underseal.

Hee hee did make me giggle
          Last edited by Bibs; 11 January 2009, 19:03.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

True...

Have you seen how thick the diff casing is? Its the sort of thing you could use as a mooring in salt water for 20 years, haul it up and bolt it back on the truck! I think underseal is perhaps unneccessary on the diff TBH...
            I must admit maybe i did'nt need to do the diff but it was easier to do the lot rather than fiddle about just doing bits here & there, & no i did'nt paint the disc's, trans case,prop shafts, steering rack & so on.

I thought it was a reasonable question to ask in the first place, wonder how many people will be jacking there trucks up to see if they have an LSD now they have seen this thread.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I must admit maybe i did'nt need to do the diff but it was easier to do the lot rather than fiddle about just doing bits here & there, & no i did'nt paint the disc's, trans case,prop shafts, steering rack & so on.

I thought it was a reasonable question to ask in the first place, wonder how many people will be jacking there trucks up to see if they have an LSD now they have seen this thread.
              no.i'll just check the vin plate lol

Comment

Not a daft question at all just look at your plate it should have the axle code on it. Here.

If you have the axle code of your vehicle, it is easy to find out what size differential, what ratio, and what pinion set-up you have. This will also help if you are hunting for a particular unit off another vehicle. The axle code is in the vehicle ID plate under the hood or drivers door. The axle code is 4 digits: a letter followed by 3 numbers.

(Missed bits so put whole page up)

Last edited by Bibs; 11 January 2009, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                  Not a daft question at all just look at your plate it should have the axle code on it. Here.

If you have the axle code of your vehicle, it is easy to find out what size differential, what ratio, and what pinion set-up you have. This will also help if you are hunting for a particular unit off another vehicle. The axle code is in the vehicle ID plate under the hood or drivers door. The axle code is 4 digits: a letter followed by 3 numbers.

B is a 2 pinion LSD
                  D is a 4 pinion LSD

Looks like mine is an A340 then, does that make sence to you.

Comment

Looks like mine is an A340 then, does that make sence to you.
                    Nope sorry.

Look here - missed bits off the other post

http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20...ifications.htm

Last edited by Bibs; 11 January 2009, 19:34.

Comment

Nope sorry.

Look here - missed bits off the other post

http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20...ifications.htm

No idea then, just had a look at vin plate & it says axle/trans A340F A02A

Comment

No idea then, just had a look at vin plate & it says axle/trans A340F A02A
                        You got that the wrong way round - its trans/axle so its an A 02 A.

So nope.

Comment

You got that the wrong way round - its trans/axle so its an A 02 A.

So nope.
                          Ya see this is why i posted the thread in the first place cos nothing on the vin plate about the axle makes sence to me or any body else, everything else on the vin plate tallies up apart from that.

Comment

Ya see this is why i posted the thread in the first place cos nothing on the vin plate about the axle makes sence to me or any body else, everything else on the vin plate tallies up apart from that.
                            Well it aint ever going to if you put it the wrong way round

Comment

Well it aint ever going to if you put it the wrong way round
                              So do any of the codes mean anything to you?

Comment

So do any of the codes mean anything to you?
                                Yeah - mines an 8" with a 4.88 ratio 4 pinion LSD.

Comment

Working...
                                X