Quick opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick opinions please

My girlfriend is kindly just about to order me some tyres but i dont know which ones to go for ...

They are a gift from her for me birthday, so the budget is a bit low after christmas and i wanna get sum fitted before run to the snow
    we have narrowed it down to these 2

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=13065

the maxxis buckshot mudder

or the kingprin tracker

http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?sh...file=31x10.50#

the first ones on that page

i dont know what ones to go for, just before i order them, does anyone have any input...

The kingpins are cheaper, but they are remoulds,
    I really like the white writing on the maxxis tyres but the tread doesnt look as good (but there not remould i dont think)

what ones would u guys go for

rod will be the man to ask, no doubt his face will light up when he see's this thread xd
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Between the two, the maxxis are your best bet. and no theyre not remoulds.
      Have you considered a used set, with wheels, from ebay.
      If you use your truck daily, those tyres are gonna wear out pretty quicky on the tarmac.
      Especially on the trip up to Scotland.
      A/Ts would be your best bet, I run M/Ts but theyre BFGs and are great on wear even on the road, and I hardly use the truck.
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i hardly ever use the truck, it was bought as a bit of a toy, i will be using it for light off road, dont really use it for day to day, got a works van for that...

so ideally am after more off road orientated tyres...

i know there are loads of bargains out there for used sets but am a bit of a snob, haha suppose am being picky, but am havin the wheels powder coated an would like sum new skins on them...

is rod a bit of a tyre boffin ?

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
          i hardly ever use the truck, it was bought as a bit of a toy, i will be using it for light off road, dont really use it for day to day, got a works van for that...

so ideally am after more off road orientated tyres...

i know there are loads of bargains out there for used sets but am a bit of a snob, haha suppose am being picky, but am havin the wheels powder coated an would like sum new skins on them...

is rod a bit of a tyre boffin ?
          do bears defecate in the woodlands,is the pope a kiddy diddler,does gordon brown think we are all stupid,is darling a stupid name for a chancellor,does tiger have asbestos arms,is night preceded or followed by day,is the world round,does popeye paint everything red,is bdt2 the full six pack but lacking the plastic thingy that holds it all together,does mattf ever smile,is apache really mussolini,does boyo drive a gin palace,is stein a bit pink,does biohazards ass stink...............yes rod is THE tyre boffin
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

do bears defecate in the woodlands,is the pope a kiddy diddler,does gordon brown think we are all stupid,is darling a stupid name for a chancellor,does tiger have asbestos arms,is night preceded or followed by day,is the world round,does popeye paint everything red,is bdt2 the full six pack but lacking the plastic thingy that holds it all together,does mattf ever smile,is apache really mussolini,does boyo drive a gin palace,is stein a bit pink,does biohazards ass stink...............yes rod is THE tyre boffin
            absoulty classic, been laughing at these for a while now, so true xD
            If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              why ty sir and is gwh happiest playing in sh1t?

Comment

ps you couldnt pay me to put remolds on my truck,or any other car

Comment

I assume you mean me....

Now theres more then one Rod it could get confusing!!! I dont know how you Andy people managed it for so long!!

Ahem...

Tough one. There wont be much of a difference in either of them to be honest.

The King pin is the same as the old Colway MT, colway now no longer being around might have just rebranded. But it was a popular tread pattern that handled conditions well but wore fairly quick on tarmac.

Almost all M/T's do apart from BFG's but you'll pay a premium if you want them.

Both will handle mud pretty much the same. The Maxxis might have a slight advantage due to a more open tread pattern but the Kingpin would probably be better on wet tarmac due to the closed centre section.

Whats the main use?! Off roading or road?!

Lively M/T's can make for some very interesting driving moments...

Normally i'm a bit more of a "go for these...." kinda guy but theres just as many pros/cons to each so go for personal taste..

Which looks more bada$$!!

Comment

hahaha @ gwh

and nice one for that rod, nail on the head there, as mentioned, not really gona be doin much tarmac, part from gettin to play days an so on

In an ideal world ad have more money and be able to pick sum better rubber but they should suffice for now ...

Maxxis it is ...

nice one fella

should do me for run to the snow (am runnin baldy road go'ers at the minute haha)

Comment

Ill contact you nearer the time and we could go up together as im from blackpool.

i go up there ll the time.
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

was that to me ?

Comment

was that to me ?
                          yup
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

hahaha @ gwh

and nice one for that rod, nail on the head there, as mentioned, not really gona be doin much tarmac, part from gettin to play days an so on

In an ideal world ad have more money and be able to pick sum better rubber but they should suffice for now ...

Maxxis it is ...

nice one fella

should do me for run to the snow (am runnin baldy road go'ers at the minute haha)

Comment

exclent

that would be good, as u sed, giz a bell closer to the time an tell me where to meet you .... an we can trundle up together

Comment

Working...
                              X