Rear Window Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Stuck

Hi folks. Just a quick question for you. My rear window is stuck (closed). Can I just climb into the boot and remove the doorcard/trim from the tailgate easily or do I need to force the window down and open the tailgate first to remove the trim?

Thanks.

It's pretty easy to take the trim off with the tailgate shut. If you run 12v directly to the motor you will be able to see if it's the motor or not. If it runs off the 12v, it's probably the relay (in a box behind the trim about half way up on the passenger side, near the tailgate).

Comment

Cheers Sancho. The motor is definately still working. The motor runs both with the switch and the key. I just need ed the advice before I started..... No doubt I'll need more help once I get inside.....

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
        Cheers Sancho. The motor is definately still working. The motor runs both with the switch and the key. I just need ed the advice before I started..... No doubt I'll need more help once I get inside.....
        The rubber bush inside the motor has probably broken apart ...there is a fix for it use the search on rear motor repair

found it http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/articles.php?rid=0
        Last edited by madcampbell; 8 January 2009, 14:45.

Comment

Thanks madcampbell. Fab write up there. Looks straight forward. I just hope mine is..... Think I know what will be occupying Saturday morning now.....

Comment

Excelent

mine packed up about a month ago, havent got round to even inspecting it yet...

that write up is handy (well written aswell)

al get out an have a look when the weather warms up hahaha

Comment

or it cud be the sliders.....
              That is what happened to mine.....
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                The rubber bush inside the motor has probably broken apart ...there is a fix for it use the search on rear motor repair

found it http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/articles.php?rid=0
                will try this myself as mine went this week 2nd one in 2years threw other one away, know wonder theres such a good 2nd hand market in these ,dont think the motors powerful enough for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by robbie View Post
                  will try this myself as mine went this week 2nd one in 2years threw other one away, know wonder theres such a good 2nd hand market in these ,dont think the motors powerful enough for the job.
                  lube up the runners when your done cleaning them out, loads of crap gets in there
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Rear Window Now Unstuck!

Thanks guys for all the info & pointers. The metal plate/rubber had indeed split apart. I gave the two surfaces a good rub down with some 60 grit sand paper and glued them back together with araldite rapid (left it on a radiator for 3-4 hours). Put it all back together, sprayed the mechanism in the tailgate liberally with white grease and wiped down all the rubbers with silicone spray. Window now goes up & down like lightening!

Once again, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X