Apache or anyone knows about te Alfa 156 TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache or anyone knows about te Alfa 156 TS

well then I have been looking at a few Alfa's as a family car while the Surf is off the road....
    easier for debs to get in with the belly and all.....

What do u think of the Alfa 156 1.8 twin spark..???
    It's on a T-reg (1999) baby blue with blue leather interior...

hehe the colour is a little off putting to many people I think but after driving the red I am not to bothered.....

So what do u think I am gonna look at it 2mo......
    Just as a slow family car road alternative.....
    One day at the time I guess..

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=7
    seems a lot of stuff to remember...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hey mate how are ya...
      hope u feeling good...

Happy new year by the way...
      yeah had a read there...

all reviews seem to love the 1.8

been offered this one cheap.....might be a solution while the surf is off the road...

Comment

my mate had one of these

he only had one problem, something to do with a variator?

quite common faults on the twin sparks by all accounts

i rekon your the person who would walk into a car show room, see a car and say "do you do this in pink nevada or himalayan musk"

my mum used to work in a decorating shop, that's how i know the colours, honest ask me mam xD

you seem to like odd colours xD
        If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
          my mate had one of these

he only had one problem, something to do with a variator?

quite common faults on the twin sparks by all accounts

i rekon your the person who would walk into a car show room, see a car and say "do you do this in pink nevada or himalayan musk"

my mum used to work in a decorating shop, that's how i know the colours, honest ask me mam xD

you seem to like odd colours xD
          variator?????
          hehe
          nope I only know a couple colours haha.....

honest......

Comment

It's a typical failure of the so called "variator" that regulates the
            camshaft timing over the full rpm-range. If damaged it means loss of
            "top" power, even less power under 3000rpm and higher fuel consumption.
            No matter how old your car is, it is always a "hidden fault". Under
            the consumer protection laws valid in Europe it will remain guarantee
            for many years.
            don't know if there that bad tho, other than that my mate loved it he's sticking with alfa's, would make an execlent familey car
            If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

thanks for that now I know....
              a well if under guarantee then shud be ok regardless....

yeh think I will look at her 2mo and have a drive around....

Comment

Don't waste your money (again!) on an Alfa, you need something much more reliable to drive the mother of your unborn child around.
                Wanna buy our '06 Corolla? Only 8500.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Don't waste your money (again!) on an Alfa, you need something much more reliable to drive the mother of your unborn child around.
                  Wanna buy our '06 Corolla? Only 8500.
                  HEHE lets be honest tho if I had £8500 I'd be buying a nice Land Cruiser.... hehe

unfortunately I am skinned..... so will ned to make do with a cheap-ish road car whilst I am tinkering with the Surf....

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                    HEHE lets be honest tho if I had £8500 I'd be buying a nice Land Cruiser.... hehe

unfortunately I am skinned..... so will ned to make do with a cheap-ish road car whilst I am tinkering with the Surf....

If you by an Alfa, you'll be tinkering with that too. Probably on the way to the hospital!!!!!

Seriously, look for something else and treat yourself to 'toys' when the baby is here. It pains me to say it, but I would consider an Astra over an Alfa if I was in your shoes.

p.s. Apache will be along soon to tell you that the Alfa is probably the best car ever and will do eleventy twelve million miles no problem.

Got to go and wash my mouth out and slap myself now...........

Comment

to be far it pains me to say this but also looking at a 52-reg Vectra too...
                      what about them?

I am offered a nice 3ltr V6 surf also by a 5ft woman who things it's to big for her to drive....

Not sure that will cut it though as really I shud buy a normal car for daily driving and then keep the surf for fun....

Comment

Vince has a point mate.

We all know you've not had the best luck recently with the Suzuki hic-cup an the surf kicking the bucket even if only for a while.

Spending lots of money on things that are sposed to be short term is a 100% sure fire way of always being skint.

an astra would see you right no problem. Better on fuel etc. an reliability isn't too shabby either.

Get the surf sorted an sold/raffled etc then you'll have the money towards the LC an the savings from not buying an alfa towards it.

To be honest i dont see a reason why you couldn't have a LC an just drive it all the time. A day out to do any lifting on it.. 30 mins to put on the big wheels an tyres...

Thats pretty much it!! It wont be as big a project as the Surf would've been.

Comment

to be far it pains me to say this but also looking at a 52-reg Vectra too...
                          what about them?

I am offered a nice 3ltr V6 surf also by a 5ft woman who things it's to big for her to drive....

Not sure that will cut it though as really I shud buy a normal car for daily driving and then keep the surf for fun....
                          52 reg is pretty new..

How much £££?!?!

Thats the important thing.. I'd go with the previous shape astra. Cheap, cheerful an even a 1.6 isn't bad power/mpg wise.

The current vectra is the same as my parents signum just a different ass.
                          The signum is pretty an very smart... but utter sh!t!!

Comment

I can get the Alfa cheap tho....

the 52 Vectra is off a mate and he needs money for his business so I can get away with just under £1k for that one...

the Alfa I can get for £750/ £800..

and to be fair with the Vit other than not getting on she was ok I made a profit on her....

But yeah I know what u mean..... I am gonna have to have yet another think just being without transport makes my job hard can't do much work at the moment...

The Surf will get back on the road and make space for a LC but will prob take me about 3 months in total due to waiting for the ###### insurance to give me my butty van money back....

Comment

I can get the Alfa cheap tho....

the 52 Vectra is off a mate and he needs money for his business so I can get away with just under £1k for that one...

the Alfa I can get for £750/ £800..

and to be fair with the Vit other than not getting on she was ok I made a profit on her....

But yeah I know what u mean..... I am gonna have to have yet another think just being without transport makes my job hard can't do much work at the moment...

The Surf will get back on the road and make space for a LC but will prob take me about 3 months in total due to waiting for the ###### insurance to give me my butty van money back....

Bl**dy hell!!

I'd almost forgotten you had the butty van!!

Good news on the Vit!!

Its a tough call mate... Not sure what i'd do. Other then kick the feckin surf for being a pain in the ass!!

Comment

Working...
                              X