Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema

TRACY My Wife bought a Renault Clio off a friend back in October. The owner wanted to Transfer the Private Registration to his new car & put the original reg back on the CLIO.
    This was all done and the log book was sent to DVLA office. The TAX has just expired and we have no LOG BOOK, We have managed to get hold of the TAX reminder and they will not TAX it as it is still Registered to the original owner. They have told us that we have to apply for the log book which will take upto six weeks. No wonder theres so many cars on the road without TAX iff this is what you have to go through.
    We have filled a registration document in & they still wont tax the car.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Originally posted by marky View Post
    TRACY My Wife bought a Renault Clio off a friend back in October. The owner wanted to Transfer the Private Registration to his new car & put the original reg back on the CLIO.
    This was all done and the log book was sent to DVLA office. The TAX has just expired and we have no LOG BOOK, We have managed to get hold of the TAX reminder and they will not TAX it as it is still Registered to the original owner. They have told us that we have to apply for the log book which will take upto six weeks. No wonder theres so many cars on the road without TAX iff this is what you have to go through.
    We have filled a registration document in & they still wont tax the car.

happend to me
    phone DVLA
    just to check
    if its ya friends falt by not sending it in then
    it looks like it will take 6-8 weeks and 19 quid charge
    has the privert plate been transfered properley?
    i would just phone DVLA just to be safe before spending 20 quide and waiting 6-8 weeks
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I thought you could take the bits you've got down to a main DVLA centre and present the old tax MOT and Insurance then fill out a form??V11 ?? changes of owner and they will issues you tax there and then. Had to do this before. The pain is the time queueing

P.s where you doing this at a post office?
      Last edited by madcampbell; 5 January 2009, 20:13.

Comment

you should of been given the small green slip from the log book and thats all you need at the P.O with your mot and insurance to get the tax
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The GREEN slip went to the local DVLA office to help change the reg over.
          Yes the POST OFFICE!
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

The GREEN slip went to the local DVLA office to help change the reg over.
            Yes the POST OFFICE!
            Still recon you can go to DVLA centre and get it sorted on the day with all the paperwork you have and fill out a form..!!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
              Still recon you can go to DVLA centre and get it sorted on the day with all the paperwork you have and fill out a form..!!
              I hope so What a great start to the new year
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Done mine in April last year ( private plate change over) at Local VRO office at Luton (now closed)
                I handed them all Logbook, MOT, Insurance docs & Retention certificate n they handed me new tax disc, altered MOT (showing new reg), Insurance (They sent Logbook on to DVLA to be returned to me within 6 weeks)
                Advised to Fix new Plates before I drove off n bob's ya brother !!!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                  Done mine in April last year ( private plate change over) at Local VRO office at Luton (now closed)
                  I handed them all Logbook, MOT, Insurance docs & Retention certificate n they handed me new tax disc, altered MOT (showing new reg), Insurance (They sent Logbook on to DVLA to be returned to me within 6 weeks)
                  Advised to Fix new Plates before I drove off n bob's ya brother !!!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
                  All done by previous owner but the LOG BOOK never appeared, Neither of us has the new LOG BOOK.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

All done by previous owner but the LOG BOOK never appeared, Neither of us has the new LOG BOOK.
                    http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v765.pdf read this I think it will help section ?C

Comment

The CLIO now has its original Registration the point is we cant TAX it as it is still in the original owners name. Local DVLA office didnt change ownership.
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

if she bought it off a friend who is still the registered owner, give them the money and get them to tax it

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          if she bought it off a friend who is still the registered owner, give them the money and get them to tax it
                          He has no Insurance for it
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

He has no Insurance for it
                            Im not 100% sure that matters, the vehicle is insured, the friend should be able to tax it , with the insurance ( regardless of whos name is on it) the MOT and ( now heres the catch) the V5 or the reminder thing. I reckon this is all fixable. Cant it be taxed on line without the reminder thingy, can you do it with just the Reg No. If so the friend might be able to do it and disc would go to friend as it appears friend is still the registered keeper. If friend is registered keeper, did they not get the reminder ? When you tax on line nobody gives a stuff whos name is on insurance, they just check that it is in the insured database dont they ?

Bogus
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                              Im not 100% sure that matters, the vehicle is insured, the friend should be able to tax it , with the insurance ( regardless of whos name is on it) the MOT and ( now heres the catch) the V5 or the reminder thing. I reckon this is all fixable. Cant it be taxed on line without the reminder thingy, can you do it with just the Reg No. If so the friend might be able to do it and disc would go to friend as it appears friend is still the registered keeper. If friend is registered keeper, did they not get the reminder ? When you tax on line nobody gives a stuff whos name is on insurance, they just check that it is in the insured database dont they ?

Bogus
                              Her Insurance is VALID but wheb trying to insure online it says there is no valid insurance. Insurance compay confirm Insurance is Valid, Maybe as the insurance is under a different name but the Reg no is the same.
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X