Surfs Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfs Up

Well the credit crunch has bitten me and I'm swapping the Surf for a Celica 1.8st due to the fact I can no longer justify 23mpg, even with the price of dino coming down its just not viable anymore.

Thanks to all who helped with info and a special thanks to Tobyjug for the assistance in fitting CB and Audio/video in my surf.

I wont hesitate to have another if the circumstances allow but for now the deal is done and I say goodbye to the beastie on Tuesday.

Its been fun in a very short time but needs must.

Thanks again and see you round.

Justin.

Thats a shame but you,ve got to do whats best for you and yours. Owning a SURF is great, but ultimately its a collection of metal bits ( or plastic in my case ) and of no great importance. Mind you I,d have had more sympathy if you,d told us you,d swapped it for a clio or a corsa or something like that.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Im not that hard done by!!!

I love Yota's so Im sticking withn somethin reliable but a bit more sporty is all. Still a petolhead at heart so wanted something in keeping with that! I've done the small car thing before (poxy Fiat Punto 60) so wasnt going for that option.

Comment

Hey Justin,

Sorry to hear u are getting shut of the surf mate...

I wonder though if the Celica will give u much better economy..

Anyway don't be a stranger here mate although you don't have a surf feel free to drop in every now and then....

Good luck mate and the coffee is always on if u are in the area..
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

sorry to hear ya having to get ridd of the surf mate
          ya do what ya have to do mate
          Celica's drive nice tho dont they
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Tobes, I will endeavour to get my bum round to see you soon!

To JUDWAK, yep, thats why I'm having to fight the wife for the drive! She loves it!

Comment

Originally posted by C9/89 View Post
              Tobes, I will endeavour to get my bum round to see you soon!

To JUDWAK, yep, thats why I'm having to fight the wife for the drive! She loves it!
              no worries mate anytime...
              So how is the new car then on fuel?
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Compared to the Surf @ 23mpg average. The Celica is around 35mpg and up to 44mpg on a motorway as long as you dont rag the cahoonas off it! Its actually cheaper to fill on Super unleaded than diesel! So what I may loose on return on a diesel I make up for on price per liter.

Comment

the wife has a import celica st202 2.0l gt and she don't speed and i reacon she gets about the 25 mpg from it maybe a bit more.
                  But like you say its cheaper to fill up and only takes about £42 to fill hers up.
                  I must admit tho i do like the gen 6 celicas.
                  I never went much on the newer celicas till i saw the one Bushy has got and if he has it and if i get a good payout then i'm sure the wife will be getting a surprise
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

My wife has seen a new gen 7 and I think she kinda wants one too! So If we sell the caravan and she gets rid of the Galaxy I recon thats goinna make us atwo celica family!

Comment

i always liked the 1st gen celica,a mate had one,very nice

Comment

My Aunt and Uncle had one a loooooong time ago. Drove it till the floor fell out! Was a nice car even back then.

Comment

Celica

Hi great little cars had several best of both worlds, fast if you want to go fast and good mpg if you take it easy. My daughters celica 2litre 16V gives her 35mpg and its got nearly 200,000miles on the orignal engine.
                          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Just got in from picking her up and she needs a bit of tlc and a possible new clutch! In negotiations for that (priced a new one for £99.45 inc vat plus fitting) but I'll see what they offer me. Apart from that shes a beauty. good to cruise on the motorway and good on the small roads(be even better without slipping clutch if being to exuberant with the loud pedal)

Thanks again to all for your comments and support, I think I'll always have a soft spot for the Surf tho

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              i always liked the 1st gen celica,a mate had one,very nice
                              I lusted after the TA22 for a while....

Comment

Working...
                              X