fuel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel prices

Filled up in leeds today, esso dyno 94.9, thats cheaper than asda which is 96.9. Thing is how long will it last, will it come down more or will we be in for a shock when it rockets to 129.9 again.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    Filled up in leeds today, esso dyno 94.9, thats cheaper than asda which is 96.9. Thing is how long will it last, will it come down more or will we be in for a shock when it rockets to 129.9 again.
    It should keep on coming down. Pump prices are 6-8 weeks delayed from the current crude oil price which is the lowest its been for about 7 years. All the top analysts have rethought their 1 year forecast to about $45 a barrell, a price that is still about 6 weeks away at the pump. Short of OPEC completely shutting off supplies, we won't see £1+ per litre any time in the next year or two.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Hurrah......nicely justifying my purchase of a 3.0 litre diesel

....all we need now is for veg oil to drop to 20p a litre

Comment

tesco unleaded is 85ppl and diesel is 97ppl so it makes a change to see the litres clock up quicker than the £'s on the pump
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Diesel should start to get closer to the petrol price at the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere. As the demand for domestic heating oil (very similar to diesel) drops, the wholesale price of diesel drops too.
          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

"Short of OPEC completely shutting off supplies, we won't see £1+ per litre any time in the next year or two."

thats a very bold statement to make.
            bet if you had gone to a bookies a year ago and asked for odds that by Nov there would be a black president inthe US, Hull would be inthe top 5 of the premiership and most of the UK banks would be bankrupt, the bookie would have told you to go back to your asylum.

Ditto predicting the price of fuel- the top analyst in the UK recently revised his projection down from $200 per barrell to $45. Just go to show no one should pay these idiots for advice

Hope your right but I wouldnt bet on it

Comment

That and OPEC have been muttering about production reduction to push the price back up.

My god, have these people not got enough gold plated jewel encrusted Rolls Royces in their 100 car garages???
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Diesel is 91ppl at Waitrose in Southend.

Comment

Oooh....a local surf.

Hornet...I live in Chelmsford and work in Hockley....

...pop into Southend every now and then dropping jobs off.

..and I drove from Southend to Chelmsford today to fill up at 96p...

..I'll have to find that Waitrose..

Comment

I'm in Rochford.
                    The Waitrose is where Send FC are moving to, past Cuckoo Corner where the great unwashed are living in the tress.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet View Post
                      I'm in Rochford.
                      The Waitrose is where Send FC are moving to, past Cuckoo Corner where the great unwashed are living in the tress.
                      Aha....couple of guys I work with live in Rochford.

...If I see ya...I'll give a wave

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                        Diesel should start to get closer to the petrol price at the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere. As the demand for domestic heating oil (very similar to diesel) drops, the wholesale price of diesel drops too.
                        Really? I didn't realise the domestic heating oil market was so big it could skew the price of diesel. Where did you get your information from?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          Really? I didn't realise the domestic heating oil market was so big it could skew the price of diesel. Where did you get your information from?

not realy sure but is heating oil the same has transforer oil for power stations
                          coz i have used both before worked fine
                          and its very close to diesel
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                            not realy sure but is heating oil the same has transforer oil for power stations
                            coz i have used both before worked fine
                            and its very close to diesel
                            The SG may be similar, but that's it! Transformer oils are either Highly Refined Mineral oils or Silicone Oils. They are designed as electrical insulators and coolants and act more like lubricating oils than fuel oils.

Mineral oils will burn, but are highly toxic if they don't completely combust. Silicone oils tend to be more stable, therefore harder (but safer) to burn.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Lets not forget that our beloved chancellor promised to put 6p on each litre in his PBR a while ago. From memory it was something like 2p just recently, 2p in Apr 09 and another 2p in Apr 10.

Something like that anyway....

Andrew
                              Regards,
                              Andrew
                              G0RVM

Comment

Working...
                              X