No announcement yet.

Padlock/gate security advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wish to use the electric technique, use the same technology as cattle fences. Only requires a single wire to the gate.

Personally, I'd say there's not much you can do. They'll get in if they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      best bet is signs for cctv,also security patrol,and if it were me id park discreetly somewhere out the way and just wait and watch,pref with a good camera that takes good pics at night,and a witness with you
      A mate at work was having his car scratched in the work's car park. Security set up a camera to see who it was. Caught the guy in the act, went to the police who told us they couldn't use the cctv as evidence, he got off with it. Our security people were also given an official police warning for spying on individuals.

Also, if it's kids who are breaking in and you're caught hiding in bushes or whatever taking photos of them, who do you think will be in trouble?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Nowt wrong with a looped rope! I know several farmers who keep £500k worth of livestock secure using one...

Comment

any form of CCTV has to be accompanied with signage
          there are some serious bits of CCTV kit available for remote site monitoring that is used by people like the inland revenue and the home office
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

the only thing you can rely on is your insurance company, then again they wont pay up if you havnt paid thousands out on security

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
              any form of CCTV has to be accompanied with signage
              there are some serious bits of CCTV kit available for remote site monitoring that is used by people like the inland revenue and the home office
              We have military grade stuff at work, signs every few meters and cameras every 10. Double fence with the inner one electrified.

Still can't use the footage in the type of intance above as it's deemed entrapment.

Comment

How about giving the horses mobile phones so they can call the cops the next time the Pikeys are about?

Actually, scratch that as you'll have to train the horses to use the phone first.......and then how to talk..........and pay for top-ups for the phone as they'll probably be calling their sporty relatives in Dubai or the dancing ones in Spain, or texting each other even though they'll be in the same stable.

Easier to sell the horses I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  How about giving the horses mobile phones so they can call the cops the next time the Pikeys are about?

Actually, scratch that as you'll have to train the horses to use the phone first.......and then how to talk..........and pay for top-ups for the phone as they'll probably be calling their sporty relatives in Dubai or the dancing ones in Spain, or texting each other even though they'll be in the same stable.

Easier to sell the horses I think.
                  Aren't they Italian?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    We have military grade stuff at work, signs every few meters and cameras every 10. Double fence with the inner one electrified.

Still can't use the footage in the type of intance above as it's deemed entrapment.
                    its a crazy old world, the illegals have more rights than the honest

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      A mate at work was having his car scratched in the work's car park. Security set up a camera to see who it was. Caught the guy in the act, went to the police who told us they couldn't use the cctv as evidence, he got off with it. Our security people were also given an official police warning for spying on individuals.

Also, if it's kids who are breaking in and you're caught hiding in bushes or whatever taking photos of them, who do you think will be in trouble?
                      i do see your point but would you just sit back and let it happen?i wouldn't,even it was just to let them know they aren't going to get away with it

Comment

No if it was pikeys stuff'd be gone, we nkow what they are like.
                        This is a 'spite thing'

if its supposed to be some sort of yokel message regarding security, its lost on me, on the waiting around thing...

A: The visits are as I say day or night, and sporadic (we don't know when)

B; Plod would be instantly around my door (with my temper) if I got lucky and caught this ########, so thats out realistically.

I agree with earlier poster, its largely pointless as is all security really, as your only buying time.
                        Insurers are only interested that the gates locked, be it a five pound lock or
                        big chrome vanadium type,
                        its the fact that someone is getting the rise every time pointlessly chopping the thing off that annoys me.

There are house opposite, but of course nobody see or hear anything which to be fair, Ten seconds with bolt croppers in a gateway is understandable

Comment

Working...
                        X