Happy New Year, and by the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year, and by the way

Would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year whilst I'm still sober enough to manage. And just a quick question.................... having a few probs starting the truck from cold, am thinking the glow plugs could be shot. But, when I turn the ignition on the little glow plug lamp lights up and after a short while goes off, sometimes this is followed by a sort of 'clunk' noise. If I get the noise she will start up no probs. Then other times I don't get the noise when the lamp goes off and I can turn her over for ages and all I do is flatten the battery. Now I'm no mechanical whiz but year of having cars give up on me tell me it could well be some sort of relay. Could I be right and if so where can I find this relay and check it, and how difficult would it be to change it. Off to put the battery's on charge now, and have a little drink.

Cheers Guys, Spoggle

once you hear the relay click then you want to start it up.Sometimes i don't hear the click and mine is the same but if i turn the ignition off then on again i then get the relay click and its ok
    Happy new year to you and family also
    Last edited by stormforce; 31 December 2008, 20:30.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
    X