Any white goods engineers on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any white goods engineers on here?

Anyone happen to know owt about washing machines?

Only through buggering about with them but what's the problem ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

yep, dont but hotpoint, electrolux or hoover, stick to melie aeg or bosch
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

not that much can go wrong with em mate
        its earher fixable or dead
        i only know what i picked up at work but they all run in the same way

whats it doing mate

knocking banging
        turning elcy off
        leaking water
        moveing when working
        not got the power to spin
        not going through its cycles right
        not pumping water out or making a noise while working

depending on the make i can fix any of the above
        its easy mate i can tell ya how to do it
        if you are unsure
        and if ya unsure of ya own work
        plug it in on a curcuit breaker so no harm done
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Can drain pumps go, for want of a better term, weak? It's taking a coons age to remove water. If it does eventually manage to start the water pumping out, seems to work fine for several moments and then cuts out pumping and goes through the cycle of struggling again and possibly succeeeding for a short while again. So, is it most likely due to an iffy pump or is it more likely a controller fault?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Can drain pumps go, for want of a better term, weak? It's taking a coons age to remove water. If it does eventually manage to start the water pumping out, seems to work fine for several moments and then cuts out pumping and goes through the cycle of struggling again and possibly succeeeding for a short while again. So, is it most likely due to an iffy pump or is it more likely a controller fault?

We had exactly the same problem with our machine (Candy washer/dryer)
            It turned out to be four coins and a bit of soggy fluf in the outlet hose between the drum and the pump. Just a couple of hose clips to remove it and clean out. Been working fine ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              We had exactly the same problem with our machine (Candy washer/dryer)
              It turned out to be four coins and a bit of soggy fluf in the outlet hose between the drum and the pump. Just a couple of hose clips to remove it and clean out. Been working fine ever since.
              I had the same as Mattf and found it to be 2 elastic bands caught around the water impeller ! good as new now

Comment

I had it disassembled yesterday. Unfortunately, it isn't a blockage causing the problem. Cleaned the hose out between the drum and pump, there was no noticeable obstruction in the outlet hose and the pump and impeller are clear, so it looks like I ain't that lucky. When it does eventually start pumping out, it flows fine, for a short while. It's just getting it started and keeping it pumping which is the problematic part.

Comment

is it not one of those fliter type were the filter screws in the front of the washer right at the bottom
                  some times suff gets stuck in there
                  moveing around while the water is flowing and resticting the flow maybe
                  if not russels in rotherham new pumps aint dear dude
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

is the outlet pipe secured high enough?

could be pumping out and then syphoning back in!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      is it not one of those fliter type were the filter screws in the front of the washer right at the bottom
                      some times suff gets stuck in there
                      moveing around while the water is flowing and resticting the flow maybe
                      if not russels in rotherham new pumps aint dear dude
                      I had exactly this problem, was a 2p coin that acted like a butterfly vavle.....would flow fine until it shut across the pipe just before the filter.

....have you found the filter yet?

Comment

Ok Since we are on the subject, my washer dryer aint doing ts drying bit, does its drying cycle no prob just doesnt dry the clothes, help me toooo Please

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                          Ok Since we are on the subject, my washer dryer aint doing ts drying bit, does its drying cycle no prob just doesnt dry the clothes, help me toooo Please
                          Try halving the load. Mine won't dry properly if there's too many items in there.

Comment

washing machine pumps...I have come across the impellor spinning on the shaft, no fix , replace...not expencive but take the old one with you when you go to the parts man as many are similar and you might need to use the original housing but with new impellor and motor.
                            Dryers....you could have one of the heater elements gone, mine has two, while you are checking give it a good de-fluffing internally - have had to put a few fires out because of this! - tends to furbar the rest of the machine too.
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

If your absolutly sure the pump and adjoining pipework are clear i'd say poss pressure sensor/circuit board, before shelling out a years wages for "the man" to come out and have a look double check the pump, we've had hair gripps, shirt collar stiffeners, small stuff like that stuck in there,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X