No announcement yet.

Are the springs on Milner's wbsite the 20% stiffer type?+ Roughtrax 2+ question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the springs on Milner's wbsite the 20% stiffer type?+ Roughtrax 2+ question

Hi guys, been wanting to order some 20% stiffer springs from milner for a few days but they are still not open so am going to buy them from their website. Any idea if the ones listed for surfs are their 20% stiffer ones as there is no information up there about them! I assume they only do the 20% stiffer type as they would make the distinction on the site....am i correct?

I was going to fit these with coil spacers to sort sag and gain a little lift. I had read previously that many people thought that the roughtrax 2+ coils sagged after a while which is why i was not going down that route but I see the roughtrax site claims their current 2+ springs are uprated i.e stiffer....Has anyone bought any of the type they are stocking at the moment and what are your opinions??

Many thanks.
    Last edited by bboy02; 27 December 2008, 12:17.

I used the +2" springs from Roughtrax on my old 2.4, with +2" Procomp dampners(shocks). They werent advertised as 20% stiffer as i bought them about a year ago.
    I used them in all conditions including very extreme offroading and carryng very heavy loads on-road.
    Never had any issues with sagging, mind I only used them for 1 year before I sold the Surf.
    I would recommend any Roughtrax products, as their products have never let me down.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I just wonder out of the two methods I mentioned of gaining approx 2 inch rear lift, which will actually give the most. I always thought coil spacers were the best option as there is no chance of them sagging over time but am now unsure!!

Comment

not long fitted millner springs but my surf is 1 ins lower on the drivers side rough trax have a longer spring for the drivers side (i do believe). but they seem stiffer and as long as you don't mind the truck leaning a bit then they seem fine

Comment

alot go the LC springs route. my new surf has em'. Either way is OK. You need not worry with sagging on new springs.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
            not long fitted millner springs but my surf is 1 ins lower on the drivers side rough trax have a longer spring for the drivers side (i do believe). but they seem stiffer and as long as you don't mind the truck leaning a bit then they seem fine
            you sure you put the correct spring on the correct side?
            Its to compensate for the fuel tank
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I thought the milner springs were NOT handed, i.e both the same height....though I may be wrong. The Roughtrax ones are defiantly handed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpool sparks View Post
                you sure you put the correct spring on the correct side?
                Its to compensate for the fuel tank
                im sure they are both the same length

Comment

Steve you may need to crank the torsion bar up a bit to level it out.It shouldn't take you too long to do it
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by bboy02 View Post
                    I thought the milner springs were NOT handed, i.e both the same height....though I may be wrong.
                    You're correct.

Comment

Hi, just today i have put roughtrax 20% stiffer springs in the rear of my 3rd gen, to me they both seem to be the same length,
                      At the moment the rear is sitting about 35mm higher than is was and is much stiffer,Also both sides measuer the same height off the rear wheels.Waiting to see if they sagg a bit over the next day or so

Comment

Originally posted by bboy02 View Post
                        I thought the milner springs were NOT handed, i.e both the same height....though I may be wrong. The Roughtrax ones are defiantly handed.
                        youre right, i didnt read the post correctly
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by storm force View Post
                          Steve you may need to crank the torsion bar up a bit to level it out.It shouldn't take you too long to do it
                          richard whot is the measurement from the rim of the wheel to the under side of the arch on a standard surf

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                            richard whot is the measurement from the rim of the wheel to the under side of the arch on a standard surf
                            It is about 13 to 13.5" steve.The springs you fitted are they lift springs or 20% stronger.
                            Don't forget to have the front end completely off the ground when adjusting the t/bars.Do the one that is down more and then lower the truck and take for a quick spin.Re-measure the gap then adjust accordingly each side
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

20% stronger. it just looks like the front is a little high even with the new springs. the back measured 12 1/2 drivers side 13 1/2 n-s

Comment

Working...
                              X