This months TOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This months TOR

GWH came in for a bit of a bashing - one by a GLASS rep who doesn't appear to know what happened - and probably doesn't like the idea of anything not wearing a green oval using the lanes. And another from someone who wants to remain anonymous (a member of the other 'group' of laners?)

This is my response.

I've just read the two responses to Graham Haines' letter regarding the problems on Strata Florida in early October 2008, and I would like to set the record straight as I dont believe he deserves the attacks levied against him.

I was part of the group, and so can actually comment, unlike Mr Fairclough (GLASS). Frankly I am truly amazed to hear he is upset by the size of the group! How, Mr Fairclough, do you expect two smaller groups to remain two smaller groups if the first group is delayed 2 hours by obstructions in the way? Enough said? As to the people who were 'playing around', neither vehicle was taxed, neither were in my opinion roadworthy having taken a look at the 'modifications' made to vital parts of the suspension / chassis - in fact, I would class them as downright dangerous! Would you prefer that we just left them there and said nothing? Hardly supporting GLASS' values is it? (Several of us are members too) Please dont jump to conclusions when the information you have is heresay.

As to A. Bystander, I'd be interested to know where the bystander was? There was our group present, and the people who arrived to 'recover' their vehicles. Was this third hand information gleaned 'down the pub' Mr Bystander, or are you one of the idiots who were the subject of Graham's letter? It was pouring with rain, we had to cancel one of the lanes we'd planned to drive because of the delay, there was nothing else to do but have a wry laugh. However, the attitude of the chaps who arrived was at first anything but warm, and I beleive only became tepid due to the number of us! I am not a small chap, but I dont think I would have liked to have been there on my own!

So there you go. Why attack someone who brought abuse of one of the best green lanes in the UK to the attention of a national magazine? Bizzarre if you ask me...

Yours, Andy McNally
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

what other group?? and what are they complainig about the number of trucks in our group??

Comment

Are you going to post it to TOR Andy?

I havent read the letter as i let my subscription lapse.
      I might do the same for my GLASS membership...
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Emailed it to the TOR editorial immediately after reading the letters page.

Ross, he's complaining that there was a group of 11 vehicles. He seems to have conveniently ignored the fact that were 2 rusiting heaps on their sides blocking the route for two hours anyway!

Comment

The other group (if there was one) might have been the group of Landys we passed just after we finally got going
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

But we'd cleared the wrecks by the time we met the Landies? I reckon 'A. Bystander' is one of the pillocks who rolled their wrecks.

Comment

whats all this about?
              i get the jist of it but cant understand it
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                whats all this about?
                i get the jist of it but cant understand it
                Sounds like there has been some bitching over that incident where the muppets turned their vehicles over the other month. Someone posted pics on here.

Apache, any chance of you scanning and posting that TOR article?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Sounds like there has been some bitching over that incident where the muppets turned their vehicles over the other month. Someone posted pics on here.

Apache, any chance of you scanning and posting that TOR article?

i must have missed it dude
                  i was out of action for a while tho a few weeks ago
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Daft question probably - but what is the difference between 1 group of 11 and the group split in 2??? Same amount of traffic but just all at once. What's the reason?
                    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                      Daft question probably - but what is the difference between 1 group of 11 and the group split in 2??? Same amount of traffic but just all at once. What's the reason?
                      smaller grops are better as oncoming traffic is easier to pass
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        O yeah - thought it was prob a daft question
                        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Proponents of the Green Oval aren't exactly angels either! Anyone with us on Sarn Helen when the group of over 20 Landys came the other way? And on Happy Valley when a similar group of Landys came the other way - and Happy Valley isn't somewhere you want to be squeezing past!

Matt, its not an article, but a long running series of letters. We weren't the only group to come across these plonkers, a letter the previous month described how a pair of vehicles with families on board came across them and got a load of abuse and threats from them.

Ill informed claptrap from a couple of letter writers in this months mag made me see red.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                            So you've only got small grops then mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              So you've only got small grops then mate?

yea tried a large grop once, but got a slap. Or was that a grope???
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X