No announcement yet.

when i can airbrush like this ill be happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok will get back to you with some ideas.then let me know if you want to do it and how much.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      tis good,getting "proper"paint for xmas,didn't realise the amount of layers required for decent looking flames,or to put it another way,start with black base,then 1 lyer of flames,then few highlights,then transparent colour,then a cear to lock it in place,do that approx 4/8 times for real depth!
      The top coat laquer really makes it, i put 30 odd coats of clear on the buick, like looking at the sparkle under glass, good luck wiht it mate, i may be up for some artwork later
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        ok will get back to you with some ideas.then let me know if you want to do it and how much.
        tbh honest mate id happily work on yr truck,but not till i feel i'm ready,when will u want it done?as for cost,maybe a swap?do some stuff to mine?put an add on yr site,carry my cards with you?just cover fuel and paint i'd need?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          The top coat laquer really makes it, i put 30 odd coats of clear on the buick, like looking at the sparkle under glass, good luck wiht it mate, i may be up for some artwork later
          30 coats!omg lol,must have looked amazing,any pics?and bring it on

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            30 coats!omg lol,must have looked amazing,any pics?and bring it on

Only pic's i have dose'nt show the flake/colour up, it just looks white, it was one of the "metalflake" range of flake powders (still have a bit of it i think) it's looks like course white powder but when sunlight shines on it it give of blue and green, they did several flakes like that of verious colours along with coloured flake and other types, cracked ice, crinkle, and the metalic "candy apple" colours, all the rage once, did the old ford fandango in blue/red flake called firebrand, with cracked ice (black) over bright red/orange side flash
            the idea with the buick was it should look like a plain white car till the sun caught it, much like that effect they do now at mega bucks a pint
            took some painting mate, three coats of grey primer, wet &dry between each coat, three base white coats, rub between each, five clear with flake added, to build up the effect, no rub down, then the laquer, ten coats then light rub with very fine grade and soap, then two coats with a rub between till it's got 30 plus and the depth is good, a f##k sight easier now with the two pack laquers, ya's only need 4-5 coats for the same depth, and if you got an oven well the sky's the limit, when we gonna see some of your work Andy? always fancied haveing a go at some flames
            Attached Files

Comment

Only pic's i have dose'nt show the flake/colour up, it just looks white, it was one of the "metalflake" range of flake powders (still have a bit of it i think) it's looks like course white powder but when sunlight shines on it it give of blue and green, they did several flakes like that of verious colours along with coloured flake and other types, cracked ice, crinkle, and the metalic "candy apple" colours, all the rage once, did the old ford fandango in blue/red flake called firebrand, with cracked ice (black) over bright red/orange side flash
              the idea with the buick was it should look like a plain white car till the sun caught it, much like that effect they do now at mega bucks a pint
              took some painting mate, three coats of grey primer, wet &dry between each coat, three base white coats, rub between each, five clear with flake added, to build up the effect, no rub down, then the laquer, ten coats then light rub with very fine grade and soap, then two coats with a rub between till it's got 30 plus and the depth is good, a f##k sight easier now with the two pack laquers, ya's only need 4-5 coats for the same depth, and if you got an oven well the sky's the limit, when we gonna see some of your work Andy? always fancied haveing a go at some flames
              wow ian,is there no end to your talents???,thats amazing,and you will see some of mine soon,once i get the proper paint on thursday and get some practise with it over xmas

Comment

What kind of Buick was it Ian? I saw the Riviera at my club yesterday and it was absolutely huge....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  What kind of Buick was it Ian? I saw the Riviera at my club yesterday and it was absolutely huge....

It was a 1968 rivera Adam, whats that in the pic a 65-66? they are bigguns, mine had the 430 cu in V8 with single rochester quadrajet carb think the wildcat had 2 or 3 four barrel carbs, thirsty buggers

Comment

It was a 1968 rivera Adam, whats that in the pic a 65-66? they are bigguns, mine had the 430 cu in V8 with single rochester quadrajet carb think the wildcat had 2 or 3 four barrel carbs, thirsty buggers

That's a 65. More info and pics here:

http://www.classiccarclub.co.uk/cars/buick_riviera.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      That's a 65. More info and pics here:

http://www.classiccarclub.co.uk/cars/buick_riviera.asp
                      hehe he's dead right about the fuel consumption, i managed about 9 to the gallon and a bit better on a run (motorway) but i was earning then, plumbing like mad in some bad winters, spent a bl00dy fortune on that car, in the pic i've only painter the doors, front wings and hood, they came off and i did em in the garage, the arse end i had to do outside under a polythene awning with the sides covered in, what a bstd, little flys would land on the wet laquer, just had to wait for it to harden and rub em out. i did the top in blue vinal, a local bloke made it up for me, machine stitched into three pieces, looked nice when it was finished, then the motor blew up, rings went through two pistons and i gave up

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                        soooo

Comment

Working...
                        X