Brand new battery flubbered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new battery flubbered

Well - wondered why my truck was really strugglin to start lately, even after the new starter - seems the battery I bought in Oct is no god dam good. Not puttin out 'the amps' apparanlty. Goin to take it back tomorrow, is this just my luck or is it common?
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

kwik fit?halfords?and did u check the alternator is charging?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      kwik fit?halfords?and did u check the alternator is charging?
      Yes - local motor factor - I am takin it back in the morn.

Comment

Well it has been known before for a battery to go after only a week, mine did on my vectra that i used to own. The shop where you bought it will replace it if you've still got the receipt, just a case of bad luck im affraid.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Well it has been known before for a battery to go after only a week, mine did on my vectra that i used to own. The shop where you bought it will replace it if you've still got the receipt, just a case of bad luck im affraid.
          Sounds about right for me at the mo - yeah have the reciept. Other one is fine an had that in July 07. just never heard of it before.

Comment

How many batteries in your truck ?

If you have 2 and only changed 1 you could bugga up the new one as it get's dragged down to the level of the old one.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
              Sounds about right for me at the mo - yeah have the reciept. Other one is fine an had that in July 07. just never heard of it before.
              Stop buying cheap crap then.

P.S Trev could be right also.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                How many batteries in your truck ?

If you have 2 and only changed 1 you could bugga up the new one as it get's dragged down to the level of the old one.

Trev
                2 - the older one is fine an passed test with flyin colours - tis the new one that buggered an its been the last month or two I been havin probs - since I bought it

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Stop buying cheap crap then.
                  Ha ha ha well if £60 is cheap crap got help me - was told it was a good heavy duty battery. That was with discount as well.

Comment

Ha ha ha well if £60 is cheap crap got help me - was told it was a good heavy duty battery. That was with discount as well.
                    Come on, admit it, you brought a 'never ready' battery didn't you ?
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

You was just unfortunate, it does happen, its usually me that buys duff gear.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                        Come on, admit it, you brought a 'never ready' battery didn't you ?
                        Well I am female so come on.....

Comment

2 - the older one is fine an passed test with flyin colours - tis the new one that buggered an its been the last month or two I been havin probs - since I bought it
                          Batteries are like anything else. You can get new ones which are duff. You really should replace the pair, however. The load test they use is nothing more than an indication of its condition. Any auto sparks should tell you that in practice the meters verdict may mean sod all.

Comment

been there done that
                            new one fitted to my surf by dealer only lasted 6 months, its replacement has been fine.
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                            X