Vista question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista question

Does the easy transfer wizard, (or whatever they've called it), in Vista work with the files generated by the XP files and settings transfer wizard?

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

After the pm's i cant believe im about to give you advice an expect you to listen but...

You need to put a cd-r or cd-rw in the draw of the vista pc. It makes up a drivers file that you place in the xp machine.

That is what allows them to talk. I believe you can do it with a removable storage device aswell. Memory stick etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        I'm in the same boat. Never even looked at a Vista machine, (and have no intention of doing so if at all possible).

Comment

The lapstop has vista .......user friendly .............trouble is i can't use it

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            After the pm's i cant believe im about to give you advice an expect you to listen but...

You need to put a cd-r or cd-rw in the draw of the vista pc. It makes up a drivers file that you place in the xp machine.

That is what allows them to talk. I believe you can do it with a removable storage device aswell. Memory stick etc.

Ah, but did you read the question correctly? The specifics of how they work ain't the problem, (I already created the images and passed the cd on), but as to whether the Vista prog is backwards compatible is. I'm having to give phone advice to someone who isn't exactly at ease with P.C's, and I ain't never touched Vista.

I can't believe even M$ would be so effing thick as to pull a trick like that, but in truth it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

The lapstop has vista .......user friendly .............trouble is i can't use it
              They probably didn't consider Yeti's as users.

Comment

the hair on my fingers gets trapped in the keys

Comment

im suprised the keys stay where they are due to the wind in yer arse.most people have a qwerty keyboard.you have a farty keyboard.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

I believe most are backwards compatible.

Obviously some of the actual programs themselves dont work.

I had a graphics card driver failure on the new pc when running the guitar software because it was old an outdated... apparently! The new software fixed the bugs on that.

I've got to be honest, Vista isn't bad! The compatibility can be a nightmare but purly programs. Autocad for some reason wont work on Vista properly as of yet.

But any files made in say office will work in office on vista.

Its nice having a powerful pc again!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                      im suprised the keys stay where they are due to the wind in yer arse.most people have a qwerty keyboard.you have a farty keyboard.

They are re-enforced with yeti hair

off out for a curry soon ..............Pebbledashing will comence later

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        Does the easy transfer wizard, (or whatever they've called it), in Vista work with the files generated by the XP files and settings transfer wizard?
                        yes it does.
                        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                          yes it does.
                          Cheers. T'would appear the problem is user related then.

Comment

They are re-enforced with yeti hair

off out for a curry soon ..............Pebbledashing will comence later
                            I heard that the keys were gummed up with Yeti toenail hairs

Trev
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                              I heard that the keys were gummed up with Yeti toenail hairs

Trev
                              Toenail hairs?

Comment

Working...
                              X