@ Biosurf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Biosurf

Hi Paul, arrived and fitted, soooo much easier this time, clamped the springs one side at a time and lowered the axle, just lifted out, they seat 100% better at the top, o/s is still just touching but procomps should sort that out,
    i made some 1" spacers to go under the brake sensor doings to help give the break flexy plenty of play, also cut the panard rod and found a very tight fitting thick steel tube that hammers into the panard rod nicely, in the process of welding it all up, then the sensor extension bracket to make, ARB's off and it feels as stiff as a very stiff thing,
    Think i'm gonna need to get a landrover fold up step thingy, i'm have ing trouble getting in
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    Hi Paul, arrived and fitted, soooo much easier this time, clamped the springs one side at a time and lowered the axle, just lifted out, they seat 100% better at the top, o/s is still just touching but procomps should sort that out,
    i made some 1" spacers to go under the brake sensor doings to help give the break flexy plenty of play, also cut the panard rod and found a very tight fitting thick steel tube that hammers into the panard rod nicely, in the process of welding it all up, then the sensor extension bracket to make, ARB's off and it feels as stiff as a very stiff thing,
    Think i'm gonna need to get a landrover fold up step thingy, i'm have ing trouble getting in
    That looks so much better than first attempt.Seems the alli seats have done the job for you

Comment

Cool, looking good mate.
      glad they helped!

Comment

Yeah, much better seating, very pleased with them, it's odd one side just touches the shock but the other dont, maybe the axle slightly out of line? may sort it's self out when i drive it around a bit

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Yeah, much better seating, very pleased with them, it's odd one side just touches the shock but the other dont, maybe the axle slightly out of line? may sort it's self out when i drive it around a bit
          Isn't the sping longer on one side or something? Or the truck sits lower? Something? Did I make it up?

Comment

Dont tell me i got em on the wrong way round they looked the same lenght when they were on the deck, but now you mention it i seem to remember somebody saying summat about em being "handed"

Comment

is it a thumbs up for the spring tops then (i order a set off mark yesterday) just to be safe

Comment

Nope LC springs arent handed as far as I know.

I think one of the suppliers of the uprated smurf springs are

Comment

That would explain it though - if one standard spring is longer than the other, then putting the same length springs on will make one appear 'too long'.

Comment

the landcruiser hdj80 springs aren't handed so they will fit either side on the surf ok.Mine did the same aswell catch the shock slightly on one side
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Panhard rod needs tweaking, possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        Panhard rod needs tweaking, possibly?

Tweaking? i've just welded the bugger together, it'll have to rub till i can afford the procomps, just made me think of another question, judgeing by the bit of shock thats now on show with the lift will +2" shocks be ok or will i need =3" there seems to be more than 2" of shock visible (where it's topping out, looks more like 3" to me without measureing it, if so procomps only do +2's so what other shocks are available? rancho's?

Comment

I got procomp +4's on the rear.

On the subject of the brake bias sensor arm, i just turned the bracket attatched to the adjustable panhard rod on it's side so that the arm sits more level now that there's more lift. I didn't measure anything, just raised it an inch or two. Is that right? What have other people done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post

On the subject of the brake bias sensor arm, i just turned the bracket attatched to the adjustable panhard rod on it's side so that the arm sits more level now that there's more lift. I didn't measure anything, just raised it an inch or two. Is that right? What have other people done with it?
                            thats all i did aswell on mine
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post

Where did you get the +4's from Don? i believe roughtrax only do +2"

Not entirely with you regarding the brake bias arm, i was/am intending to make a square bracket 2" higher and rebolt the arm to it, the upper brake assembly thing i felt it should be a little lower as the hose did'nt seem to have much play especially if the axle dropped a bit (like offroad)

Comment

Working...
                              X