• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can ya do that? or will it roll over like a 10 buck a trick hooker
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      So long as you don't put the spare wheel on the roof, you should be OK.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        So long as you don't put the spare wheel on the roof, you should be OK.
        He's got half the output of Sheffield up there already

Comment

Please, please never ask this question again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            He's got half the output of Sheffield up there already

Comment

RightyO then! i'll have it off, the front ones still on, thats ok is it?

Comment

I did that a few weeks ago, expecting it to be really noticable and cant see its made much difference.
                go for it
                Do tell your insurers though

Comment

haha ten buck a trick hooker haha

On a less funny note though, am not looking forward to fittin mine at all now, i have the HJD80s like pops and the procomp shocks, sounds like he's havin a nightmare,,,

think it may be wise to invest in sum of them Spring tops Surf was talking about ...

Comment

I did sent you a pm saying i'd avoid them Ian!

Stormforce had/has issues with pro comp shocks rubbing on the springs.

Im not sold on them at all!!

Comment

Never noticed any difference when I took my rear ARB off Ian. Just try it. Only takes ten minutes!

Front is a different matter though... Sea-sickness can be an issue - and DONT, FOR GODS SAKE PUT ANYTHING ON THE ROOF!!!!!

@ Anthony James - no problems here with HDJ80s and ProComps on the back (other than the shocks being a bit cheapo). Been on a few years now too.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks

I have just spoke to mark then and asked him to send me a set of those Ally spring tops out when he can,,, try and keep everythin as kosher as i can haha

Comment

Stop confuseing the issue Rodders it's the procomps thats supposed to be ok as theres no top metal cover, just the rod Rod the desert fox ones might rub as they do have a top cover and prob fatter than the originals if the front ones are anything to go by,

Frank Sinatra got booted out of australia for calling a media girl a buck a trick hooker
                          you'll be ok doing it, wait for my write up with pics, a piece of pi$$

Bio! did ya take the front one off too?

never mind mate Andy answered it, i'll try the rear and the front AFTER the mot
                          Last edited by POPEYE; 9 December 2008, 17:58.

Comment

Stop confuseing the issue Rodders it's the procomps thats supposed to be ok as theres no top metal cover, just the rod Rod the desert fox ones might rub as they do have a top cover and prob fatter than the originals if the front ones are anything to go by,

Frank Sinatra got booted out of australia for calling a media girl a buck a trick hooker
                            you'll be ok doing it, wait for my write up with pics, a piece of pi$$

Bio! did ya take the front one off too?
                            Procomp shocks are a lot fatter then the standard ones mate.

Richards issue with rubbing was still on pro comp shocks.

Have you looked at rotating the springs? you might be able to get them to sit better or something perhaps!

Leave the front ARB on mate. For on road use its much better.

I've kept my rear arb with vinces kit. Take it off, try it an if your not too keen it wont take long to make some plates to try it with it fitted again.

As Bio said. Tell your insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              I've kept my rear arb with vinces kit.
                              Vince's kits were for the panhard rod, not the A.R.B.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                                Vince's kits were for the panhard rod, not the A.R.B.

WRONG!!

vinces kit that i got, Had the Panhard rod drop bracket, rear arb drop plates and a brake line spacer!

Comment

Working...
                                X