No announcement yet.

Desert Fox shocks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you say they are +2 so why do they look exactly the same size as your old units.?????
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Are you sure??? I dont remember there being no sleeves in mine...
      I had green ones.........
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        you say they are +2 so why do they look exactly the same size as your old units.?????
        Well that's wot Barry says they are, i'm just quoteing, he replaced the +2" procomps i originally ordered with these so what can i say
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post

Go on it'll be fun

NO

Comment

They're filled with magic gas
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Maybe the old ones are +2s too? They dont look stock. Not like my old stock ones anyway...
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

OK one side done, a few pics, the shock went in no probs, i did give it a coat of clear laquer first to seal the sticker on and keep it looking ok, spacer fitted ok and the manual hub, tyres do stick out a tad further than the 31's so i might have to stick some rubber extensions on to keep the jondarmes happy,
                i need to find a couple of blanking grommets to cover to top wishbone grease points, stop those bits filling up with shoit, regreased it before sticking the wheel on,
                t'other side was a right sod to strip, every friggin nut and bolt was stuck solid, split a 22m socket on the shock bottom mount, all stripped ready tho,
                next step is angle-grind the top wishbone for the spacer and refit after a clean up, feels bl00dy high standing next to it, i can see the old woman devorceing me! should have done the 4" body lift
                Attached Files
                Last edited by POPEYE; 4 December 2008, 18:23.

Comment

You not gonna paint them red then Ian?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Looking good mate!

BUT... dont put on the plastic on the wheel arches untill someone pulls you over and complains about it mate.

They look cr*p and tacky as feck!!

The tyres stick out a nice amount. Probably less then Stormforces truck but more then mine!

Comment

They are a little bit sticky outy, maybe more than the filth will ignore. I always found the main problem was that everytime I went out in the rain, I got filthy water spraying all over the windows....

Comment

they look good as they are Ian and like Rodders said leave it as it is till someone says something.
                        Mine stick out a fair ole bit and i've been ok and i've even seen the police looking at it while its been parked up and they have been ok with it
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah! i dont really want to stick bits on the arches, i aggree, looks a bit naff, i know last mot the bloke had a good look through his rule book for summat about sticking out tyres, but could'nt find owt, thinks the cops are pretty much ok unless you really take the pi$$,
                          i had enough shoit spray'd up the sides with the old tyres on Sancho so these are really going to shower it, ya get the cathrin wheel effect
                          kept em virgin white Andy, if i pay money for stuff i want people to see it

Comment

Working...
                          X