Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struggling now

Hi all,

Got the flash codes last night, thanks again, but twas colder than a witches twitch so did'nt try, tried tonight and got code 4 (temp sensor). Snowing hard now, so had to give up again, only changed the stater contacts, not been near temp sensor at stat housing is there another I don't know about?
    Any ideas will be tried and tested.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
    Hi all,

Got the flash codes last night, thanks again, but twas colder than a witches twitch so did'nt try, tried tonight and got code 4 (temp sensor). Snowing hard now, so had to give up again, only changed the stater contacts, not been near temp sensor at stat housing is there another I don't know about?
    What exactly is the problem your having?
    Mick
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
      Hi all,

A code 4 is the ECU temp sender. It's tucked underneath the inlet manifold, just above the..... starter.

You can just reach it with yor fingers tryto wiggle the cable. It might just be a bad connection, Or it could have desintegrated like mine did.

A replacement is about £13 from your local anjamsingh car shop
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
        What exactly is the problem your having?
        Mick
        Problem is, removed & replaced starter,(7 BL**DING HOURS) changed contacts all OK, apart from check light is now on and runs like a bag of s**t. code is no 4 temp sender. I take it this NOT the sender in the stat housing? will report back tomoz. Lucky I have my son's Surf to rob part from to try 'em out b4 buying any parts!!!

Thank for the info Gman

Comment

Right, now defrosted enough to type,

Disconnected the temp sensor under inlet manifold, no differance,
          reconnect, still no differance, did same to other car no change. totally
          lost now!! Looking like a garage job that I can't afford right now, bugger it
          time for a few cans and a think. cheers

Comment

Working...
          X