Build your own R/C thingy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own R/C thingy...

I reaaaally fancy doing one of those build your own r/c trucks thingys.

Like the Tamiya F-350! But all the prices have just gone up £100!!!

anyone know a decent one thats a bit cheaper?!

Found the Tamiya Lunch box which looks amazing but again very simple to build.

Looking for something thats a bit more of a challenge!

well i enjoyed it!

Comment

Midnight pumpkin right?!

The Blackfoot looks good!

how involved was the build?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        Midnight pumpkin right?!

The Blackfoot looks good!

how involved was the build?
        yes and yes,and tbh,took about 4 hours a truck,as you say fairly easy,but loads of extras for them,its endless,metal bearings,diffrent shocks,lights etc etc,depends wot u want really,u can spend more and get nicer,but was perfect intro for my son

Comment

How much do you want to spend? Tamiya stuff is easy to build and looks pretty good, but it's not much of a challenge. I had a Hornet, a Midnight Pumpkin, a Bullhead and a Skyline when I was a kid. I would go for the Bullhead (or Clod Buster, which is basically the same) if I built another, just because it had two gearboxes, four wheel steer and was generally stupid.

Kyosho are kind of one up from Tamiya, then you get into the realms of nitor stuff that I don't understand.

Just remembered, I had a Hilux Monster Racer too....That was quick and mad.

Comment

Thats it mate!!

Its where to draw the line.

The F350 kit is easy to go mental on. Bigger tyres an other bits but then in the same i dont wanna fork out hundreds more just for a remote etc for it.

I can get the Lunch box fairly cheap. But i dunno..

Just if its a few hours work an then just sit an look at it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              How much do you want to spend? Tamiya stuff is easy to build and looks pretty good, but it's not much of a challenge. I had a Hornet, a Midnight Pumpkin, a Bullhead and a Skyline when I was a kid. I would go for the Bullhead (or Clod Buster, which is basically the same) if I built another, just because it had two gearboxes, four wheel steer and was generally stupid.

Kyosho are kind of one up from Tamiya, then you get into the realms of nitor stuff that I don't understand.

Just remembered, I had a Hilux Monster Racer too....That was quick and mad.
              Its me mate... Ive got spot lights on the front of my truck that cost £2

Cheaper the better...

I dont even care if its not a truck. If there was a cool car model that still needed just as much building then brilliant!

Comment

Lunch Box or Midnight Pumpkin aren't really worth it. They are very simple and not very stable to drive.

I'd get a Clodbuster. Not that it's more stable, but it'll be more fund to build....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-Super-C...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

Lunch Box or Midnight Pumpkin aren't really worth it. They are very simple and not very stable to drive.

I'd get a Clodbuster. Not that it's more stable, but it'll be more fund to build....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-Super-C...1%7C240%3A1318
                  clodbuster is good,but more money,and batteries last 10 mins if yr lucky,remember a cheap radio kit is 40 quid,then battery charger,then the big batteries range from 10 quid each to 40 each but that deal sancho put up is good

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    clodbuster is good,but more money,and batteries last 10 mins if yr lucky,remember a cheap radio kit is 40 quid,then battery charger,then the big batteries range from 10 quid each to 40 each but that deal sancho put up is good
                    That's very true.....

If you're looking for something cheap to try everything out on, try this. It's a legend:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-Frog-BN...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

was lunch box based on the old (rollin thunder) truck from the 80s

Comment

That's very true.....

If you're looking for something cheap to try everything out on, try this. It's a legend:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-Frog-BN...1%7C240%3A1318
                        rods colour too lol,i started with a wild willy lolol,i then had the same as you hornet,my opinion on it is,if yr lookin for laughs then midnite pumpkin,cause the wheelies are soo much fun,but then the blackfoot i have is pretty fast and good a big jumps

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
                          was lunch box based on the old (rollin thunder) truck from the 80s

certainly was

Comment

I have just been watchin LOADS of old monster turck vids on youtube, brought back loads of memories, the tape was (return of the monster trucks) from 1985,,,, it was brilliant, all the old trucks ,,,,

rollin thunder, michigan ice monster, grave digger, thumper, frankenstien, bigfoot, monster vette, heartbeat of america,

i wasnt even born when that programe was made hahaha

so so cool

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
                              I have just been watchin LOADS of old monster turck vids on youtube, brought back loads of memories, the tape was (return of the monster trucks) from 1985,,,, it was brilliant, all the old trucks ,,,,

rollin thunder, michigan ice monster, grave digger, thumper, frankenstien, bigfoot, monster vette, heartbeat of america,

i wasnt even born when that programe was made hahaha

so so cool
                              my fave was grave digger,even tho he always seemed to crash

Comment

Working...
                              X