No announcement yet.

Lifts done, winch fitted, 33's on!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifts done, winch fitted, 33's on!!!!!!

Finally got the Surf in the air.!! Woohoo!!!!
    Suspension lift done in a day with the kind help of GWH and Tintin – using standard landcruiser springs courtesy of the Lovely Boyo, +2” shocks from Stormforce.

Got a certain Suzuki modifier from my neck of the woods to fit my Surfenstein ™ body lift (fine) Mount the winch (fine-ish- welding doesn’t look great so getting that checked out) fit free-wheeling hubs –fine, fit adjustable panhard rod –fine and fit extended brake lines -didn’t do as the unions were rusted – only told me that the day before pick up!

However I had also asked him to fit the Apache bash plate bought from Stein – beautifully made piece of kit. When I first visited him I held the plate up to the bumper to show that it fitted snugly under the chrome bumper and asked him if it was possible to fit the bashplate and then fit the winch through the bash plate. Sounded like it would be tricky but he said ‘yep, no problem’
    Turns out he fitted the winch and then tried to fit the bashplate underneath – the only way he could do it was by chopping it. A lot.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    How any one thinks its ok to chop the hell out of a customers property without checking first god only knows. When I complained he said ‘well it wouldn’t have fitted after the body lift (it would) and that he couldn’t work out how to fit it otherwise.
    Suffice to say he wont be getting my business again. Was really pleased that I had finally found someone closer to home to do mods (Steins work is great but it’s a hell of a drive to get there for me) and he was pretty cheap. Seen other bits of his work that looked OK but just couldn’t use him again.

But…
    Having said all this….
    Much as I would have preferred the full on apache frontal look, I still love how the surf looks now!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Fitted the KUMHO KL71 33’s on MK2 Pajero rims that do rub a bit on full lock so I’m going to see how they go (Think they only rub on the left side and I think its only on the ARB (Hmmm excuse to take it off?)
    Finally got the surf more how I’ve always wanted it (or at least have done since Sledge/Wolf pulling up behind me at the plains earlier in the year)

He had mounted the numberplate over the rad grill which was obviously no go so I screwed a couple of maglight brackets on the back of the numberplate and now the numberplate can clip on to the fairlead of the winch. Having said that it seems a shame to hide it so will probably fit it to the bumper when I can bothered. (Would be good for someone with a recessed winch to hide it though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looking good Paul

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect any warning !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

A nice bull bar would improve the front end, otherwise it looks good.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Nice job mate, just make sure no little scrote pulls ya number plate off.
        Last edited by si tate; 1 December 2008, 12:40.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Nice job mate, just make snre no little scrote pulls ya number plate off.
          Yep thats the other reason I'm gonna relocate it.

Comment

Looks mighty good mate, a nice winch bumper will finish it off a treat
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks very nice!

I kept losing front plates so bolted it to the bumper with steel allen head screws. Been solid ever since. Shame about having to hack the bash plate up though.

Last edited by Apache; 1 December 2008, 14:04.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Glad to see you got the number plate off the grille since saturday mate!
                truck looks really good, especially in the flesh!

Alan
                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X