Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    ollocks i bet u have tried
    as the ole saying goes..........why have a dog and bark yourself ..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

This is wot i mean, it does make em stick out more and will prob will knock out an already buggered bearing quicker, i've had no probs tho, in fact i thinks it's better than adding wheel spacers as the spider's up against the hub where it originaly was, just the rims have been reversed, once you have the tyre removed it's quite easy to rebolt em and use a quality sealant (like sika) to reseal the bolted joint which is done on the inside prior to getting the tyre refitted
      Attached Files
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

see what i mean

:clap:

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          TA.
          pm sent to scorpion
          You have mail mate.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            This is wot i mean, it does make em stick out more and will prob will knock out an already buggered bearing quicker, i've had no probs tho, in fact i thinks it's better than adding wheel spacers as the spider's up against the hub where it originaly was, just the rims have been reversed, once you have the tyre removed it's quite easy to rebolt em and use a quality sealant (like sika) to reseal the bolted joint which is done on the inside prior to getting the tyre refitted
            A couple of (daft??) questions
            does the tyre valve rotate to face backwards (now forwards) or do you have to inflate them from the backside?
            Also - do you have to polish the inside rim and laquer it to get the same shiney finish or is the inside rim already polished/laquered to the same finish??

I'm starting to like this idea!!
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

im after something like this:

thanks in advance
              That is a nice looking petrol V6 (picture in first post)
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                A couple of (daft??) questions
                does the tyre valve rotate to face backwards (now forwards) or do you have to inflate them from the backside?
                Also - do you have to polish the inside rim and laquer it to get the same shiney finish or is the inside rim already polished/laquered to the same finish??

I'm starting to like this idea!!
                The tyre valve on these "crags" can be un done (theres a nut on the inside and rubber washers) and rotated round to suit, however i've done the same switch to my spare "mad blade" spoked alloy and you cant just turn the valve round on these, so i bought an angled valve (£5) and drilled a hole for it on the new outside rim, and blanked off the old hole with a nut, bolt washers and rubber washers plus a smear of sealant on the inside,

the hardest part of doing this is polishing the old inner rim, you need a polishing kit (non ferrious) which includes mops and taper drill or angle grinder fitting, and the polishing compounds, i rubbed em down to bare alloy with in creaseingly finer grades of wet & dry, (###### killer on you hands) then polish and finish off with solvol, dont bother useing laquer it only yellows and peels, the polished alloy stays good for ages and you can give em a quick going over with solvol if they start to dull, done mine over a year ago and their still shiney

Last edited by POPEYE; 1 December 2008, 16:16.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  The tyre valve on these "crags" can be un done (theres a nut on the inside and rubber washers) and rotated round to suit, however i've done the same switch to my spare "mad blade" spoked alloy and you cant just turn the valve round on these, so i bought an angled valve (£5) and drilled a hole for it on the new outside rim, and blanked off the old hole with a nut, bolt washers and rubber washers plus a smear of sealant on the inside,

the hardest part of doing this is polishing the old inner rim, you need a polishing kit (non ferrious) which includes mops and taper drill or angle grinder fitting, and the polishing compounds, i rubbed em down to bare alloy with in creaseingly finer grades of wet & dry, (###### killer on you hands) then polish and finish off with solvol, dont bother useing laquer it only yellows and peels, the polished alloy stays good for ages and you can give em a quick going over with solvol if they start to dull, done mine over a year ago and their still shiney

Was thinking of mounting them on face plate on lathe and hand polishing/burnishing to a high finish.

Thanks for the info - will post results as and when.
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

my eyes! the reflection of the sun on the chrome!

nice
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

my eyes! the reflection of the sun on the chrome!

nice
                      i know,damn shiny's

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        i know,damn shiny's
                        If I had a pound for every time I've seen that photo I'd have about £12!
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Spots are dun rather tastefully

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-4X4-ALL...1%7C240%3A1318
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                              If I had a pound for every time I've seen that photo I'd have about £12!
                              ahh but id have bout fivers worth of yr truck in past few weeks

Comment

Working...
                              X