Filling up at the pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling up at the pump

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Deisel prices dont seem to be coming down like Petrol. Theres about a 13 to 14 pence difference per litre round here. I always remembered Deisel to be bout 5p higher, Am I correct?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

yep,used to be that way

Comment

WTF Then. Its just a bit of a ploy, as theres loads more Deisels out there now than there were 5 years ago., and correct me if I'm wrong but dosent Deisel come one step in the refining process before Petrol, so cheaper to produce?
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        WTF Then. Its just a bit of a ploy, as theres loads more Deisels out there now than there were 5 years ago., and correct me if I'm wrong but dosent Deisel come one step in the refining process before Petrol, so cheaper to produce?
        yup same as everythin tho,goes up with demand,just look at veg oil off the shelf couple years ago

Comment

Sorry guys but as I understand it the relative amounts of petrol and diesel produced at a refinery are effectively set in stone at the design stage and nothing can be done to change it after the plant has been built. Since diesel usage has increased significantly over the last few years there is now a comparitive shortage of diesel so the price has gone up.

They call it supply and demand .......

PS
          It'll take a while before they get enough new refineries online to rectify the shortfall

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I did tell you all this would happen about 18 months ago.

But as usual, nobody listened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Sorry guys but as I understand it the relative amounts of petrol and diesel produced at a refinery are effectively set in stone at the design stage and nothing can be done to change it after the plant has been built. Since diesel usage has increased significantly over the last few years there is now a comparitive shortage of diesel so the price has gone up.

They call it supply and demand .......

PS
              It'll take a while before they get enough new refineries online to rectify the shortfall

in other words,its got more popular so they put price up

Comment

so effectivly a petrol is more cost effective than a deisel. I know not all of them but the difference in MPG in lets say a Mondeo between a Deisel and a petrol is negligable.

Bushwacker
                tell us what to do???
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                  so effectivly a petrol is more cost effective than a deisel. I know not all of them but the difference in MPG in lets say a Mondeo between a Deisel and a petrol is negligable.

Bushwacker
                  tell us what to do???
                  You should all fit Lexus, all aluminum, 4.0, 32 valve, quad cam V8s.

Same mpg as the diesels, twice the power of the 3.0.

Comment

I agree and selflessly offer up my Surf as the first candidate for this cost effective modification.
                    When you coming to Blackpool then?
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      in other words,its got more popular so they put price up

Yes BUT ......

they can't actually increase the supply very quickly so the price goes up much higher than it would normally

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

As I understand it Petrol n Diesel is a waste by product of Oil refining anyhoow
                        Money for waste !!!! If ya ask me a total rip-off any way ....

TV License another Ripoff ...

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                        X