No handbrake, gash brakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No handbrake, gash brakes.

I know there could be any number of reasons for my handbrake not working, but was just wondering if anyone might have any ideas...
    I went off roading yesterday and noticed after a while that my handbrake no longer works. The lever just pulls right out and doesn't engage the brake. I haven't been able to get under and have a look yet as i've been working, so if anyone can suggest any checks to get me started, it would be handy.
    Also, my normal brakes are not up to much either now, and i haven't been able to start looking underneath yet. There's no fluid leaking and the brakes still work, but not very well. Any ideas? Gonna see about getting it looked at this week sometime as this will cost me the bio- stein games at this rate.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
    I know there could be any number of reasons for my handbrake not working, but was just wondering if anyone might have any ideas...
    I went off roading yesterday and noticed after a while that my handbrake no longer works. The lever just pulls right out and doesn't engage the brake. I haven't been able to get under and have a look yet as i've been working, so if anyone can suggest any checks to get me started, it would be handy.
    Also, my normal brakes are not up to much either now, and i haven't been able to start looking underneath yet. There's no fluid leaking and the brakes still work, but not very well. Any ideas? Gonna see about getting it looked at this week sometime as this will cost me the bio- stein games at this rate.

Thanks.
    the rear drums are probably clogged with mud,take the drums orf clean the drums,shoes and ADJUSTERS up.stick drums back on and re-adjust the brakes,check linkage to handbrake hasnt seized on the backplate,thats what normally happens.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
    X