Educate me (please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educate me (please)

Am frantically looking round the site just to make sure its not already been explained and am not cloggin up the forum but i cant find the answers to a couple of questions i'd like to know...

I drive a 93 kzn130 ssrg and was under the impresion it DIDNT have a diff lock, just the option to put it into 4 wheel drive and low ratio, but i have seen on the site once or twice people being told to lock the diffs and so on, was the diff lock only on certain variants, how do i know if mine has one ???

What are free wheeling hubs, how much are they and where are they from ???

and

When on full lock turning round (speshally right turn full lock) i here a loud clicking/clunking from under the sterring rack (any ideas) Nothin bad i hope ?

many thanks

AJ

sounds like your outer cv joint mate
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
      Am frantically looking round the site just to make sure its not already been explained and am not cloggin up the forum but i cant find the answers to a couple of questions i'd like to know...

I drive a 93 kzn130 ssrg and was under the impresion it DIDNT have a diff lock, just the option to put it into 4 wheel drive and low ratio, but i have seen on the site once or twice people being told to lock the diffs and so on, was the diff lock only on certain variants, how do i know if mine has one ???

There's no factory fitted locking diff fitted to 2nd generation Surfs, but are available to be DIY fitted.
      Google 'ARB air locker'

What are free wheeling hubs, how much are they and where are they from ???

The front drive shafts are always turning even when in 2WD causing un-necessary drag and C/V joint boot wear. Freewheeling hubs enable you do disengage the driveshafts. The surf has an ADD system, which means you can switch into 4WD Hi at speeds up to 45mph using the button on the side of the short transfer lever next to the gear shift.

and

When on full lock turning round (speshally right turn full lock) i here a loud clicking/clunking from under the sterring rack (any ideas) Nothin bad i hope ?

Type 'Steering stops' into the search box.
      many thanks

AJ

Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 November 2008, 21:02.

Comment

thank u very much

Comment

And freewheeling hubs from ere!, just about to fit em myself
          http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=148&vid=1139
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
          X