Help Wanted re Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wanted re Web Site

If someone has a web site that you want to get downgraded (on Google)from third one down to the next page, is there any way it can be done. Although this site is rather slanderous i don't think its illegal, although will try anything to get it lowered from no3 on a google search.
    Thanks Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Not really, Google (put simply) ranks things on the number of hits they get, so your best bet is to never read it again. If it's the one I think it is, it's down to fourth now.

You would be better approaching the owner of the site and asking them to remove it (together with the extremely large chip they have on their shoulder).

Comment

Sancho

Your right its Pidgeons Nest and a while ago sent an email to him, but no reply or anything. To make comments is fair game on the internet, but this guy, once again, someone who has never tried or tested it, rants on like an idiot. Also he mentions Techstore, who actually is a friend, saying that he has seen some complaints about them. He actually sells about 20-30 thousand different things for computers and of course people sometimes get things wrong etc, but he and his partner are really hardworking and honest, not Skanky #######s as described in that idiots web site.
      Thanks and won't go on it again.
      Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Must say though, he/she? seems to have some? sense. This article heading I personally agree with:

SORBS IP blacklist: Matthew Sullivan is an arrogant w@nker
        so they can't be completely wrong about everything. Gonna have a read of that article in a bit.

Edit: Report the site to Google if you believe they are blatantly lying or being abusive, Phil. At the end of the day, the opinions are exactly that, but any blatant lies or falsehoods, (if there are any), are another matter entirely.
        Last edited by MattF; 22 November 2008, 16:41.

Comment

Got to admit I was quite interested in the heated fuel cat thing (purely for making the fuel more 'burnable') but going on the site I was very disappointed with the lack of proper figures in the 'test results' and 'testimonials' sections.

Maybe some rolling road figures for before and after would be able to back up the 'massive increase in power' that the ferrari benefitted from.

The website appears a bit smoke and mirrors to me.

Rob.

Sorry Phillip you seem like a decent enough bloke on this forum..

Comment

Working...
          X