X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @RoylittleO

Hi mate, the bolts arrived just now, thanks a lot, i owe ya one
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

No problems Ian, the drawing arrived today as well and i have managed to find some secondhand ally, 25mm thick there is some holes in it but i think i can position the piece so i can miss them, also found enough to make the ARB drop blocks, all i need is to find some round bar for the diff drop block, I'll post all the drawings when they are done.

Thanks for the drawing, favor repaid.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
      No problems Ian, the drawing arrived today as well and i have managed to find some secondhand ally, 25mm thick there is some holes in it but i think i can position the piece so i can miss them, also found enough to make the ARB drop blocks, all i need is to find some round bar for the diff drop block, I'll post all the drawings when they are done.

Thanks for the drawing, favor repaid.
      What diameter alloy bar do you need Roy? i have a short piece quite thick, i'll measure it tomorrow, also have a thinner bit of copper, (if copper's any good)
      i have some nylon spacers left too, not sure how many, what lift are you doing? 1 1/2", 2" if any of its ant use it's yours.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        What diameter alloy bar do you need Roy? i have a short piece quite thick, i'll measure it tomorrow, also have a thinner bit of copper, (if copper's any good)
        i have some nylon spacers left too, not sure how many, what lift are you doing? 1 1/2", 2" if any of its ant use it's yours.
        All lift blocks are made for the 2" lift, and i have made some nylon blocks for the front diff but i want to make them out of ally now as i have got the ally to do the rest, i want these in ally too, i have got some 50mm diameter bar but I'm just on the look out for some about 30mm to 40mm diameter, just to save a bit of machining, I'm sure I'll find some lying around but didn't have much time to look, worst case I'll machine down the 50mm as they only need to be 25mm long. just lazy
        Roy

Comment

Don't hold me to any dimensions yet, this is a rough cad drawing taken from another drawing, but it will give you an idea of sizes, once i get the ball joint off i'll updete it.

PS, sorry im no Cad expert, so it may look a little tatty

Drawing now updated with the correct sizes.
          Last edited by roylittle0; 16 November 2008, 18:49.
          Roy

Comment

Looks ok to me (being a cad) this piece i have may well be long enough to do the two of us, just woke up and have to pop out so i'll grt back with the measurements asap, from memory it must be 50-60mm dia and 150mm long,

Thought i'd nip out and check it, was'nt far out, it's 50mm dia and the useable lenght is 150mm, not counting the drill hole, if it of use to you i'll stick it in the post mon, i'll use the nylon blocks for mine
            Attached Files
            Last edited by POPEYE; 15 November 2008, 10:21.

Comment

Looks ok to me (being a cad) this piece i have may well be long enough to do the two of us, just woke up and have to pop out so i'll grt back with the measurements asap, from memory it must be 50-60mm dia and 150mm long,

Thought i'd nip out and check it, was'nt far out, it's 50mm dia and the useable lenght is 150mm, not counting the drill hole, if it of use to you i'll stick it in the post mon, i'll use the nylon blocks for mine
              Thanks for the offer Ian but i have some 50mm bar already, i just couldn't be bothered to machine it down at the time, if i can't find any 40mm knocking around I'll machine the 50mm down, or I'll use some stock 40mm steel.
              Roy

Comment

No problem Roy, tell you what tho dont forget to take plenty of pics when you do it, and if possible post the measurements for diff spacers, i can make em and the arb one are no trouble, but what about longer bolts, i think i've some long high tensile bolts kicking about somewhere,

Comment

No problem Roy, tell you what tho dont forget to take plenty of pics when you do it, and if possible post the measurements for diff spacers, i can make em and the arb one are no trouble, but what about longer bolts, i think i've some long high tensile bolts kicking about somewhere,
                  I got 3 pieces of ally now so i don't know what size to go for, i got 25mm and 30mm and 12mm for the ball joint spacers, so not sure what size bolts i need, i thing i have a few sizes in mi shed.
                  Roy

Comment

Working...
                  X