Model Hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Hilux

Can anyone point me in the direction of any 1/24th scale hilux surfs model kits
    other than the ones below? i saw a jacked surf model a while back but buggered if i can find it now, did find some slammed ones,
    Me winter evenings project is going to be an "off road" diroma featureing several trucks, 5-6 prob, may inc a cruiser, a paj, even a landy, see how it goes, (if anyone got any for sale please let me know), probably wont be able to afford em all at once but as and when!! hopefully led all the light's ect on em, so it'll look nice in the dark perhaps one towing the landy out the shoit, think it'll make a nice display, also about time i got back into doing a bit of modeling (before my looks go altogether)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250323573951
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130253047009

also anyone know if spare parts are available in this scale? like bars, winchbumpers etc, like they do in the R/C range, Ta
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I got a turd gen version, runs on AA batteries and 4 wheel drive, it pretty cool and goes almost anywhere. Not sure if you can get any spares or upgrades for it though.
    Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
      I got a turd gen version, runs on AA batteries and 4 wheel drive, it pretty cool and goes almost anywhere. Not sure if you can get any spares or upgrades for it though.
      What scale's that Ian, is it R/C? this'll be a static display i want to do,
      i was sure there were more kits of em out there,

also ment to ask if anyone had problems with these far east sellers,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        What scale's that Ian, is it R/C? this'll be a static display i want to do,
        i was sure there were more kits of em out there,

also ment to ask if anyone had problems with these far east sellers,
        why do i have a vision of u getting them then doing lifts with match sticks lol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          why do i have a vision of u getting them then doing lifts with match sticks lol
          I was actually thinking of doing some "mods" to em, especially of i get the bog standard versions, what i want is realistic looking trucks not some silly looking monster things,

you know what this means Andy????? i'll have to buy another soddin air brush

Comment

I was actually thinking of doing some "mods" to em, especially of i get the bog standard versions, what i want is realistic looking trucks not some silly looking monster things,

you know what this means Andy????? i'll have to buy another soddin air brush
            lolol,or let me get the nack of it and ill come down and do them if u like?i owe u that much

Comment

lolol,or let me get the nack of it and ill come down and do them if u like?i owe u that much

You might have to, been a while sinse i used one,
              think i'll have a troll round the local model shops, see whats on offer, dont really like buying from far east, too easy to f##k ya and too far to go and drag em over the counter

Comment

You might have to, been a while sinse i used one,
                think i'll have a troll round the local model shops, see whats on offer, dont really like buying from far east, too easy to f##k ya and too far to go and drag em over the counter
                i just got bought an early xmas pressie by the inlaws a paashe vsr airbrush for fine detail so hopefully when i get yours i'll have loads to tinker with lol

Comment

Here's mine Ian, took about six days to arrive and was well packaged.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aoshima-Toyota-4...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Ive got 3 surf models, 1 single cab pickup and one double cab.

One surf an both pickups are 'hi lift' versions.

But i stuck my lil arb bumper on the normal one before i got the hi lift..

Other wise it would've pretty much been a mini replica of my actual surf!!

They are around mate, do searches for 'Aosihma'. They are the ones that built the most. A company called American Satco made a few hundred of them. Of which i had 2 an swapped one with Apache.

The market is flooded with the 'low rider' versions of both the pickup an Surf.

Dont forget if you go on the USA Ebay it will be a 4runner!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Here's mine Ian, took about six days to arrive and was well packaged.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aoshima-Toyota-4...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats what i'm looking for Vince, Thanks, i'll have a good look at it in a mo, the pickup in my link is a bit borderline OTT for a normal "offroaders" day out, which is what i would like to do, and the other is bog standard!

Remember you haveing some models Rod, have ya made em yet?

Comment

i just got bought an early xmas pressie by the inlaws a paashe vsr airbrush for fine detail so hopefully when i get yours i'll have loads to tinker with lol

Good luck with it all mate, practice, practice practice, you'll do ok

Comment

Good luck with it all mate, practice, practice practice, you'll do ok
                          yup ty mate,just gotta come up with a snazzy name now

Comment

yup ty mate,just gotta come up with a snazzy name now

BREAKDOWNTRUCK3

Comment

BREAKDOWNTRUCK3
                              ha ha lol,ok let me rephrase,a snazzy name for the airbrushing(in the hope it takes off etc,so needs to be catchy),all ive come up with so far is Dark Dezigns,remember will hopefully mostly be doing skulls,flames etc
                              Last edited by darkdezigns; 13 November 2008, 21:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X