Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang it out or buy a new one

Hey Guys,

need some advice. Do you think it is worth trying to bang the bumper back into shape or just go and get a new one?

Or if ayone has one, please let me know. The lower plastic part seems to be OK.

Any info is a help.

Thanks

Pete.
    Last edited by Pete_in_NL; 13 February 2011, 12:37.

Just get a new one mate....
    Surely someone has a good-ish one knocking about....

what happened?
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

An unmarked black bollard managed to jump up and attack me at the same time some muppet came speeding up behind me. So me being me thinks, pull back into my parking space. Yep and the bollard was there first.

Comment

Buy a new one , not many or any 3rd gens being broken for spares .The metal is far to streached to get back to original shape.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

You would be hard pushed to get that knocked out, its in a awkward place and the bumpers are quite thick material, to do the job properly you would need to get it roughly into place and then heat it up to cherry hot then rapidly cool it, this will shrink the metal.
          Roy
          When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_in_NL View Post
            An unmarked black bollard managed to jump up and attack me at the same time some muppet came speeding up behind me. So me being me thinks, pull back into my parking space. Yep and the bollard was there first.
            sounds like fun...
            is it not getting insured?
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Or buy a set o M/T Tyres, a susp lift some stickers and call it a battle scar from playing in the mud

Comment

Guys,

thanks for the help... yes she is insured, just dont have enough years no-claims to make it worth while putting a claim in. I think the best bet will be get a new one or using the "battle scar from playing in the mud" excuse.

Thanks again Guys.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X