yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB and In Car entertainment units fitted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB and In Car entertainment units fitted!

Just like to say a HUGE thanks to TobyJug for his sterling efforts on Sunday in appauling freezing wet weather conditions, helping me fit my new CB and radio/TV units. A massive re-wiring job, and after emptying Storm, a million redundant Jap fitted wires were sifted and sorted, various plugs found and fitted, and all that didnt work was my powered ariel and my speedo lights?!!

Thanks for everything Toby!

You are a gentleman and a star!

Originally posted by C9/89 View Post
    Just like to say a HUGE thanks to TobyJug for his sterling efforts on Sunday in appauling freezing wet weather conditions, helping me fit my new CB and radio/TV units. A massive re-wiring job, and after emptying Storm, a million redundant Jap fitted wires were sifted and sorted, various plugs found and fitted, and all that didnt work was my powered ariel and my speedo lights?!!

Thanks for everything Toby!

You are a gentleman and a star!
    ur welcome mate..... Glad to be off help altho I am still not warm lol
    It truly was bl00dy freezing....

Ur speedo light does not work???

Nice to meet u and the coffee is ready if u are in the area....
    hope u got that cabinet sorted too....

Not sure how that happened unless we have pulled a wire somewhere....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Where's the photos then???

If the speedo light isn't working, chances are neither are the rear lights.

Wish I had a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Where's the photos then???

Good question....
        I did not make any.....

Go on Justin post one....

If the speedo light isn't working, chances are neither are the rear lights.

OOPS....

Wish I had a CB.
        Well I was a little confused as you had the tent but u ain't got it anymore....
        Alan has that superb piece of kit....

But about this CB!
        I have a The Albrecht 10m AM/FM/SSM Mobile/Base station transceiver.
        The radio has been opened up from 25.165 up to 27.995 simply by pressing a sequence of buttons, making it a perfect CB multi mode

SOOOOO are u interested?
        It is a niceee CB throwing 25 watt straight out of the back....

Comment

The main console lights are off too(difficult to see which gear I've selected!), we must have pulled a plug so I'm gonna have to pull the whole ###### lot out again! ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!

I will endeavour to put a piccy up as soon as I get this light problem solved.

Comment

The main console lights are off too(difficult to see which gear I've selected!), we must have pulled a plug so I'm gonna have to pull the whole ###### lot out again! ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!

I will endeavour to put a piccy up as soon as I get this light problem solved.
            mmmm not good....
            well u know where I am if u need a hand....

Comment

Cheers Toby. I'll give it a go on my own first as it may be obvious (I hope), I need to give the rig a bit more room on the frame anyway so I'll try to sort two birds with one push! So too speak!LOL!

Comment

just a thought if you have been pulling the wires around it might be worth having a look at the fuses first.

Comment

Cheers Toby. I'll give it a go on my own first as it may be obvious (I hope), I need to give the rig a bit more room on the frame anyway so I'll try to sort two birds with one push! So too speak!LOL!
                  lol yeah well good luck....

Originally posted by wolf View Post
                  just a thought if you have been pulling the wires around it might be worth having a look at the fuses first.
                  Now that is a good point...

How are the dog's?
                  They getting better mate....
                  I know a little off topic but just wondered....

Comment

And todays stupid question is.... "Where are the fuses????"

Any help is gratefully praised!

Comment

Behind the plastic panel next to the throttle pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Behind the plastic panel next to the throttle pedal.

Thanks very much Bushwacker! That could save me a whole world of trouble!

If this is the problem I'll get some snaps of the set-up and get them on here!

Comment

Right. Yes the fuse had gone so I replaced it, turned the lights on and it took it straight away! Removed all the lower dash and removed radio/tv units. Replace the fuse and BINGO! Lights! So I replace the dash after examining all the visible wires (no obvious shorts, a couple of suspect/baffling connections but as the radio is removed not a problem.) Checking the lights at each stage get to the third testing and bang goes the bl00dy fuse again! Not happy

Any one got any ideas?

Apart from booking it in to get it sorted, is there anything else to try?????

Comment

Right. Yes the fuse had gone so I replaced it, turned the lights on and it took it straight away! Removed all the lower dash and removed radio/tv units. Replace the fuse and BINGO! Lights! So I replace the dash after examining all the visible wires (no obvious shorts, a couple of suspect/baffling connections but as the radio is removed not a problem.) Checking the lights at each stage get to the third testing and bang goes the bl00dy fuse again! Not happy

Any one got any ideas?

Apart from booking it in to get it sorted, is there anything else to try?????
                            hey mate sorry I missed ur call earlier..
                            Pop round 2mo and we'll have a look at it..
                            we can always wire a separate power for the units...

Comment

Not so sure its the AV equipment thats taking it. I've taken them out and its still blowing fuses!? Must be a short/broken wire? somewhere on the lights wiring. Think I may have to see an auto electrician for this one Toby. Not in any way your fault mate so no sweat, just one of those things I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X