A boy called it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A boy called it.

Sorry nothing to do with surf,s, just wondered if anyone has read it. Just finished it plus his 2 other books. Shit what a sad book.

Yeah I've read all three books very moving. His brother Richard has also written about his experiences (his version differs quite a lot from Dave Pelzers) being left behind when Dave was taken into care.

Comment

What are they about?
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis View Post
        Yeah I've read all three books very moving. His brother Richard has also written about his experiences (his version differs quite a lot from Dave Pelzers) being left behind when Dave was taken into care.
        Wow didn't realize richard had done one as well. Was it as good as davids.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          What are they about?
          Its about child abuse, a mother that had 5 boys and abused 1 off them very badly untill he was taken into care. Very sad books.

Comment

I imageine it is a heartbreaking read, dont think i could read ti tho, i get wound up enough when i see cruelty to children/amimals on tv,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I read the first one (Child called it). Couldn't imagine a mother being as cruel as his, and a father being so spineless. I think I felt more anger towards him for not doing anything about it.

On a purely literary level though, it's pretty samey, and I'd struggle to get through more for that reason.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                I read the first one (Child called it). Couldn't imagine a mother being as cruel as his, and a father being so spineless. I think I felt more anger towards him for not doing anything about it.

On a purely literary level though, it's pretty samey, and I'd struggle to get through more for that reason.
                Your right there about the dad, he was just as bad as her for standing by and letting it happen. But what got me is how even when david was a young adult and man that he still wanted her approval and love. And still put his dad on a peddle stool.

Comment

Working...
                X