Weird things in Bournemouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird things in Bournemouth

I had a weird one happen to me today, I was driving along in the works van when I saw a Surf coming towards me, Same colour as mine same model same registration !!!! I had to do a double take, it turns out that it isn't the same reg but only 4 digits out H159 , mine's H155 both with the same 3 letters after as well. Also turns out that the bloke who owns it lives less than half a mile away. What are the chance's of that happening.

If you fancy a bit of Surf spotting, come to Bournemouth. Todays tally is 9 Surfs. There certainly getting more popular.
    Must print off some more calling cards !!

Andy.

yeah i think the DVLA gives sequences of reg's out to imports. here L reg LNC's are popular. Not that I'm Reg spotting of course
    Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

there's a load of similar plates around here too!.... for a while i thought Linda had grown a Tasche!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
        there's a load of similar plates around here too!.... for a while i thought Linda had grown a Tasche!
        Ha ha - very funny... never seen another MDP.... but I agree with the Bournemouth thing - last time I was down that way I saw lots of them - Southampton is the only place I've seen more (for obvious reasons)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I must see about 4 or five a day here, in one of the import capitals of GB, but went to South Wales back in November and only saw 1 in 4 days!
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
            she did lol
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

You want to know somthing even stranger ?????????????

Me and BIG SUMOWere in Bournemouth area for 2 days this week saw loads of surf's flashed every one of them and never got flashed or waved at once.

sumo.
              Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:20.
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                You want to know somthing even stranger ?????????????

Me and BIG SUMOWere in Bournemouth area for 2 days this week saw loads of surf's flashed every one of them and never got flashed or waved at once.

sumo.
                If I had seen ya I would have flashed, I'm always flashing surfs down here , never had one wave or flash back.

Andy

Comment

They're getting popular around here too, there was a burgundy one in the back ground of the local rag this week I see at least 2 a day. No accounting for taste tho is there?

Comment

I thought I saw my Surf being nicked a couple of nights ago. I had just parked up at Neasden Depot and was chatting with the security guard, when a burgundy/grey Surf bowled past the security hut and out of the gates. Even the security guy jumped up and looked across to where I parked mine.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

there are quite a few surfs appearing round my way aswell now, the is even on with just the 3 numbers different to mine and still we get stung for haveing an import hell they are more popular that some of the non import 4x4s round here i think

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                        I had a weird one happen to me today, I was driving along in the works van when I saw a Surf coming towards me, Same colour as mine same model same registration !!!! I had to do a double take, it turns out that it isn't the same reg but only 4 digits out H159 , mine's H155 both with the same 3 letters after as well. Also turns out that the bloke who owns it lives less than half a mile away. What are the chance's of that happening.

If you fancy a bit of Surf spotting, come to Bournemouth. Todays tally is 9 Surfs. There certainly getting more popular.
                        Must print off some more calling cards !!

Andy.
                        Had a simlar thing yesterday on the way to work. Another 3rd gen Surf like mine pulled out in front of me. It was light blue and mine is dark blue. My reg is N775 OAE, the other Surf's reg was N778 OAE.

Comment

hehe, just discovered the owner of the other one lives a few streets away!

Comment

Working...
                          X