No announcement yet.

Breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Scorpion;502942]Okay, 'numb nuts', question time.

Thought you were asking me
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i think the main 4 breathers that people do are the front and rear diffs then there's the gearbox breather and if i remember rightly there is also one on the trans box aswell.
      The fuel breather should be ok and i haven't heard yet of anyone extending that breather above from where it is at the filler cap
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I thought he was refering to me too, we really should think more highly of ourselves, after all that it turned out to be Roy

Cheers Richard, I'll have to get more connectors etc & do the gearbox & transfer box too.

but not until it's had the body lift.
        I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

I have got 1.5" bodylift blocks here but there's no bolts,rad drop brackets for the 2.4 or bumper brackets so if anyone wants it make me a offer for it plus £4.20 postage and its yours

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            i think the main 4 breathers that people do are the front and rear diffs then there's the gearbox breather and if i remember rightly there is also one on the trans box aswell.
            The fuel breather should be ok and i haven't heard yet of anyone extending that breather above from where it is at the filler cap
            This is the one i mean Rich, (with the black tube fitted) on mine this originally terminated in a sort of plastic one way valve and an oped ended tube on the other end of that, i assume it's a breather as when i was emptying the fuel tank via the sump plug into a bucket i could hear this thing sucking air in, so i fugured if it can suck air it can suck water but maybe ya dont need to extend it, not sure,
            Attached Files

Comment

your right there Ian i forgot about that as it normally has that filter type valve fitted don't it

Comment

I assume if you are driving through water, you are using diesel therefore that has to be replaced by air through the breather.
                Roy
                When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

I cound'nt work the breathing out mate, until i found this thing up on the tank i always assumed the tank breathed through the filler cap, but this thing was definatly sucking while the tank was emptying, seems daft to me to design a "breather" thats bound to go under water but thats true of all the other breathers as well, (and they say these things are made to go through water, rivers, bla bla, right!!!)

Comment

[QUOTE=POPEYE;502949]
                    Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    Okay, 'numb nuts', question time.

Thought you were asking me
                    Originally posted by rambling angler View Post
                    I thought he was refering to me too, we really should think more highly of ourselves, after all that it turned out to be Roy

Oops! I seem to have aquired a knack of my posts being picked up the wrong way at times. I really must get into the habit of reading them through another persons perspective.

Ah, I see where the confusion arose. I should have written 'Okay a 'numb nuts' question.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

[QUOTE=Scorpion;503146]
                      Originally posted by POPEYE View Post

Oops! I seem to have aquired a knack of my posts being picked up the wrong way at times. I really must get into the habit of reading them through another persons perspective.

Ah, I see where the confusion arose. I should have written 'Okay a 'numb nuts' question.
                      Knew what you ment, just could'nt resist it

Comment

I've just ordered more parts for the breathers, angles, straights, Ys & Ts so I should have enough bits to do the job properly this time.

I was going to answer the numb nutz question but I didn't want to be refered to thereafter as numb nutz
                        I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Originally posted by rambling angler View Post
                          I've just ordered more parts for the breathers, angles, straights, Ys & Ts so I should have enough bits to do the job properly this time.

I was going to answer the numb nutz question but I didn't want to be refered to thereafter as numb nutz
                          Haveing had the opperation i suppose i do qualify as numb nuts

Comment

Working...
                          X