Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer help?!

Right,

I went for an iphone in the end!! Its frigging awesome!!

Well chuffed. Went for an 8gb model not really thinking that the actual software will be taking up a chunk! So im left with 7gbs of space... but with the free apps that im addicted to it will probably be less.

Anyway, the phone needs to be plugged into a PC. It will open Itunes an sync your phone with your pc. Then away you go.

Well this is the point im stuck. On my PC (XP) the computer things the iphone is just a camera. On the other pc (vista) it opened itunes as expected. Sync'd the system an bingo! Phone works. etc etc. When i plug it in the vista pc it knows its there an i get a "Rods iphone" thing in itunes.

But it wont seem to do anything at all on mine! ( xp!)

Problem is.. All my music is on the XP one! Not the Vista one.

Any ideas?! Short of buying an external hard drive and moving all the music over to the other pc?!

1) USB Flash drive
    2) CD-ROM burner
    3) Buy a cable (ask in the store)
    4) Hook your computers up in a network (it's quite easy. Really), share your c drive with the network and copy directly
    5) Plug in a bluetooth device both computers.
    6) Plug the old harddisk into a slot in your new computer (a little tricky, you can look up online how to do it).
    7) Upload your files to a place on the internet. Download them again
    8) Buy an external harddisk (you can use it for backup later)

Comment

I think the computers are already in a network.

Is there a way i can make "my music" file acessable to the other pc?!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        I think the computers are already in a network.

Is there a way i can make "my music" file acessable to the other pc?!
        You need a cable like this...
        http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/01/t...e-windows.html

Comment

do you have the latest iTunes on the XP PC?

i have no trouble with mine on XP...

how about the iPhone, did it update the software on that?... think it's 2.1 the latest
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Cheers! I'll look into it mate. If that will do the job then perfect. the ipod function isn't going to get much use so i only need a few songs on there.

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
            do you have the latest iTunes on the XP PC?

i have no trouble with mine on XP...

how about the iPhone, did it update the software on that?... think it's 2.1 the latest
            Im not running the latest itunes on the XP computer. The iphones running 2.1!

Glad i listened to your recommendation!! They are simply awesome. been messing around with Ipint.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              Cheers! I'll look into it mate. If that will do the job then perfect. the ipod function isn't going to get much use so i only need a few songs on there.

Im not running the latest itunes on the XP computer. The iphones running 2.1!

Glad i listened to your recommendation!! They are simply awesome. been messing around with Ipint.

pocket guitar's pretty good... and kazoo!!

Comment

Your best bet is to ask a small child, my daughter can do anything with a mobile phone or computer, I on the other hand can't get the hang of mobile phones other than to make & receive calls.

As for networks you probably already have a shared file on your computer from when you set up the network, just plonk your music or what ever it is & others in the network can access that file.
                I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

pocket guitar's pretty good... and kazoo!!
                  I'll check out the pocket guitar!

Ive got mini piano thingy. After Iano! Im ragging the cr*p out of the battery

Comment

when i turned 30 i couldn't open pill bottles anymore...

when Mrs slug turns 30, she's hoping to gain the amazing ability to pick up hot plates straight from the oven with bare hand!

Comment

When you get to 40 you'll devolop this little grunting noise as you get up from any chair or sofa.

Comment

When you get to 40 you'll devolop this little grunting noise as you get up from any chair or sofa.
                        is that the one that goes... "Oooooh!.... me aching bones"

Comment

already got that!

Only after ive stuffed my place with meatball subs.. but still!

Comment

is that the one that goes... "Oooooh!.... me aching bones"
                            Nah it's more of a grunt, like when you lift something really heavy.

Comment

I'm passed that one, I just click & clonk as I move now.
                              I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Working...
                              X