What size bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size bolts?

Can anyone let me have the size of the original balljoint bolts (thickness and lenght), i want to get everyting ready for the ball joint spacer job, if i take the original lenght and add 2" (spacer thickness) this should be ok eh!? and any idea wheres a good place to get em? need to be high tensile,
    plus will the original shocks cope with this 2"lift? cant afford new ones yet so if they'll do for a bit? any other unforseen probs? (i'm getting the manual lockers btw, so the cv boots wont fall apart) cheers
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I don't know at the moment what size they are but i will on Monday when i take mine off and do my drawing for the spacers, when i know I'll sort you out the bolts, they will be a fine thread, probably m10 or 12. if you find the size first then let Me know, PM me your Addy and I'll post you some out.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

For a 2" spacer your will need M8 x 70 - 75mm, plus some washers and nyloc or Aero stiff nuts. Any fastener shop will sell them (not B&Q) For low volumes try someone like Namrick as they sell individually.
      Your shocks will probably be maxed out so you wont get much droop and it will bang and crash over rough roads. Trimming the bump stops might help a bit.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ntSpacer.shtml

From what i can see in the photo from the above link they are just allen bolts (high tensile grade 11) and not automotive bolts (also grade 11) so i'll have a look in the shed tomorrow and see what i've got i may even have stainless.
        Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
          http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ntSpacer.shtml

From what i can see in the photo from the above link they are just allen bolts (high tensile grade 11) and not automotive bolts (also grade 11) so i'll have a look in the shed tomorrow and see what i've got i may even have stainless.
          Yes, they are just plain cap head bolts grade 10.9
          Be careful using stainless fasteners in stressed areas, they can fail. If you have to use them then look for A4 grade rather than A2
          Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Thanks guys, and thanks Roy, i'll pm my addy and le me know how much, meanwhile i'll try and find a supplier in ports, used to be J W Tout than did all things bolt wise, now i know the size/tensile strenght, been reading the Aus tech write up and that bloke used grade 10 bolts, he also made spacers for the ARB and the front diff mounts, which was to take the acute angle out of the drive shafts, good idea but if i'm fitting manual hubs i dont need to do that right? as for the shocks i'll fit some +2"'s later, thanks again

Comment

I've got some 75mm x m8 cap head bolts (grade 10.9) you can have for the cost of postage, if you want.
              Roy

Comment

I've got some 75mm x m8 cap head bolts (grade 10.9) you can have for the cost of postage, if you want.

PM'd ya mate,

Comment

Back at ya.
                  Roy

Comment

Back at ya.

Comment

Working...