• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recall done ,, not happy

had it done today ,
    work done / center steering arm replaced

now .

car pulls to left

steering wheel almost a 1/4 turn to the right to go forward.

lost my locking wheel nut key.

why did i bother, toyota to call me back in the am to see if they have found the lock nut key.
    i drive 70 miles a day so i hope i dont get a blow out .

it took me a month of saturday mornings to get the tracking right .
    not a happy bunny.
    john
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Can't you take it back?
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

i could , but i think looking at the sevice so far i would rather do it myself .
      i just want my lock nut key as it is a set of 5 to include the spare .

no atempt has been had to track it and i was told that they did not remove the wheels , which i can see but what happend to my lock nut.

i will be talking to toyota UK , and yes i know it was free but it is now worse than before and i may have to smack the lock nuts of and risk damage to my alloys.

what have i learned .

if it aint broke , dont fix it.
      john

Comment

Did you hand the locking wheel nut key to them or was it in the car, doesn't matter if the recall was free or not, if you aint happy with it they have a responsibility to correct it. When my 2nd gen went in it came back to me with used parts from a toyota avensis in the boot. I took them back and pointed out a grease mark on the boot carpet. The manager had the carpet valeted free of charge. If you don't ask, you don't get. Take it back and demand they correct their shoddy workmanship.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

i keep the lock nut in the boot , but i put it in the center consol so it could be see .
          i am a mechanic and i would never give a car back in that condition and the rceptionist knew that i was in the trade and when i picked it up he said we will probably never see you agian ,
          i took that to mean that you have had your free stuff now.

so no i will sort it myself and i will talk to toyota UK to complain .

sorry to rant , just ####ed off
          john

Comment

toyota buggared the rubbers on the track rod ends and broke bolts holding the bash plate when they did my recall.I had to do a 50m round trip and they refused to pay my fuel bill or give me a coutesy car so i would of just been sat in the showroom for hours waiting
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The steering recall was free to you but your dealer would have charged Toyota Motor Manufacturing, they are totally separate companies, so if you are not happy contact Toyota Motor Manufacturing as they pay the bills and won't be to happy if they gave you bad service, Trust me, i know.
              Roy
              When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

toyota uk or europe never wanted to know when i complained and said it was down to the dealership to do what they felt was enough
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Had my recall work done last week, all fine and dandy, today, Benfield Toyota in Leeds phoned me at work, to ask if their work was satisfactory, and had I any complaints? Now that's what I call customer care.
                  If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    toyota uk or europe never wanted to know when i complained and said it was down to the dealership to do what they felt was enough
                    I would say they were just trying to palm you off but write them a letter and they will kick ass.
                    Roy

Comment

i always dread handing my cars (then money) over to large garages. you never know what's going to happen. if i can't do something myself, then i try to use a local one man band whose reputation means more to them as its their best form of advertisement. that being said, give them hell mate, being a mechanic you know how it should've been done and what condition it came back in so you may be in a better position to argue for compensation.
                      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
                        i always dread handing my cars (then money) over to large garages. you never know what's going to happen. if i can't do something myself, then i try to use a local one man band whose reputation means more to them as its their best form of advertisement. that being said, give them hell mate, being a mechanic you know how it should've been done and what condition it came back in so you may be in a better position to argue for compensation.
                        i dont want compo i just want my lock nut key back as i say i will sort the tracking myself .
                        as any member hear who has done the tracking on a surf with 40 mil spacers and m/t tyres will tell you it is a hard job .

i did a service on a ford KA and snapped one of the plugs ( common fault ) so had to remove the head and take it to the engineers to have it removed and clean out the pot and refit with new gaskets .all at our cost and as an apology the customer got the service for free and his next one .

just dont know what to say , i work for a used car hypermarket and toyota should be better.
                        john.

Comment

Originally posted by johnd View Post
                          i dont want compo i just want my lock nut key back as i say i will sort the tracking myself .
                          as any member hear who has done the tracking on a surf with 40 mil spacers and m/t tyres will tell you it is a hard job .

i did a service on a ford KA and snapped one of the plugs ( common fault ) so had to remove the head and take it to the engineers to have it removed and clean out the pot and refit with new gaskets .all at our cost and as an apology the customer got the service for free and his next one .

just dont know what to say , i work for a used car hypermarket and toyota should be better.
                          john.
                          Why not take the truck back and point out the problem....at the same time as getting your key back. If it is a hard job then get them to do it and save your time or have I missed something?

They got it wrong give them a chance to put it right..

Mark

Comment

Go down to the dealer and in the main reception advise them that Trading Standards would be very interested in the quality of work.

Been to Trading Standards before and they are quite persuasive, if the tracking is out, then you have your case.
                            Roy

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                              Why not take the truck back and point out the problem....at the same time as getting your key back. If it is a hard job then get them to do it and save your time or have I missed something?

They got it wrong give them a chance to put it right..

Mark
                              it was the ( we will probably never see you agian ) that did it, i would not let them walk my dog let alone work on my truck .

Comment

Working...
                              X