• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rock slidder info please

Hi all,
    I'm looking to get some rock sliders for my truck few a few reasons,
    1 - They look cool,
    2 - I want to protect my sexy body,
    And 3 - I want to be able to jack up my truck using a hilift jack that I have.

but is it possible to use them as a jacking point, as at the moment I cant get my hilift jack in anywhere else,
    And where would be the best place to get a pair from and roughly how much will they cost?
    Thanks will
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 6 November 2008, 18:11.

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
    hi all,
    im looking to get some rock slidders for my truck faw a few reasons,
    1 - they look cool,
    2 - i want to protect my sexy body,
    and 3 - i want to be able to jack up my truck using a hilift jack that i have.

but is it possible to use them as a jacking point, as at the moment i cant get my hilift jack in anywere else,
    and where would be the best place to get a pair from and roughly how much will they cost?
    thanks will
    I'm sure Surfenstien does them mate. Try his website www.outrageous4x4.com (I think)!

Erm, no, that isn't the right web address, I'll check again.

[EDIT] Right, got it this time! http://www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk/nfall/Parts.html
    Last edited by Scorpion; 6 November 2008, 18:14.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

cool got it,
      £200 is a little bit to much at the moment, i was thinking of around £120-£140 for a pair, oh well.
      Last edited by surf-wejd; 6 November 2008, 18:23.

Comment

sorry the link did not work.
        The first one is wrong mate, the second one http://www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk/nfall/Parts.html should be okay. I've just clicked it and it took me straight there. If it does't work this time try copying it and paste it in your URL bar.

[EDIT] You were too quick for me there mate!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/*TOYOTA*4RUNNE...02114003r27176

but the pics don't show how heavy duty they are. if you're looking for a pair that will look good and be solid enough for use as a jacking point you should contact stein and have a chat.
          Last edited by logey79; 6 November 2008, 18:33.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

what and where would be the best way of jacking the truck using the hilift jack?

Comment

what and where would be the best way of jacking the truck using the hilift jack?
              TBH mate - unless you have the attachment for the wheel or a towbar - no where.

This might help http://www.hi-lift.com/media/images/liftmate_l.jpg
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

ok, i will have to carry a normal trolly jack around just incase i get a flat.

Comment

I'm lookin at gettin some jacking points made up for the front - just not havin much luck let me know if you come accoss anythin, I will let you know if I do.
                  How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                    I'm lookin at gettin some jacking points made up for the front - just not havin much luck let me know if you come accoss anythin, I will let you know if I do.
                    cool, will do, i think the only way at the moment is using the rock sliders, oh well.
                    many thanks will

Comment

Working...
                    X