Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0TDI 1997 Speedo conversions

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased a 1997 Hilux Surf 3.0TDI and black - mint condition. It will be having its SVA tomorrow and all is looking OK. It is having a conversion speedo panel which has everything in from KM to Miles etc. It has to have a chip aswell apparently which will convert the Odometer from KM to Miles but it will still read the original KM reading apparently. I need to get somewhere that can reduce the KM reading to a correct Miles reading? Is this legal or can it be seen as clocking?

The vehicle has done 56000km which is roughly 32000 miles.

Any ideas?

Whilst it is not illegal to do a straight conversion from kilometers to miles
    it is best to use a reputable company that will supply a certificate of conversion however often the conversion damages the head and it will only work for a few 100 miles.
    Steve
    Last edited by steved; 24 September 2003, 18:20.
    ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by steved
      Whilst it is not illegal to do a straight conversion from kilometers to miles
      it si best to use a reputable company that will supply a certificate of conversion however often the conversion damages the head and it will only work for a few 100 miles.
      Steve
      I think the rules are that it is not illegal to do as long as you are honest about it and why (maybe put a sticker on the dash or inside the glovebox.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X