Brake pad pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pad pin

How do i get a stuck brake pad pin out, i have one out but the other has been hit with all my might, how do a get it out?????????????

use the one you have got out to beat the other one through....
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      use the one you have got out to beat the other one through....

Sounds like it's beyond that reading his post above.

A pin punch is needed.

Comment

tried that already, am i going to have to cut it out, i dont want to, i aint got another pin here the now

Comment

Chris pm me your addy and i'll send a couple of pins up for you tomorrow
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If i remember, when i did mine i had to grip under the end with a pair of side cutters and prize it out cuz i couldn't get to the other end to beat it, you can get spares from RoughTrax if you damage them, clean them up with sand paper and treat them to some copper slip before refitting.
            Roy
            When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              Chris pm me your addy and i'll send a couple of pins up for you tomorrow
              oh your lovely you are !!

(and i dont need some pins................but may need a rad..just sold a brand new one to albannach arrrrggghhhhh !!!!) how much delivered rich ?? ..its a 2.4 super special
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

(and i dont need some pins................but may need a rad..just sold a brand new one to albannach arrrrggghhhhh !!!!) how much delivered rich ?? ..its a 2.4 super special
                How to put a smile on someones face, had to laugh at that one, ive been peeved off with doing these brakes all night and then a comment like that arises

Comment

It works a treat too! Sorry Gra
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                    How do i get a stuck brake pad pin out, i have one out but the other has been hit with all my might, how do a get it out?????????????
                    Don't feck about, it's not worth the hassle. Cut the pins, get the pads out then drill out the bits that are stuck...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Sorry G but i've got no 2.4 rads left and i've just had to buy one in for pirates truck.I know supersurf has one for a manual 2.4 but you will need to get a oil cooler for it tho
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        Sorry G but i've got no 2.4 rads left and i've just had to buy one in for pirates truck.I know supersurf has one for a manual 2.4 but you will need to get a oil cooler for it tho
                        cheers anyway rich. i was just being lazy....wanted to get the leaking one out and the sealed one straight back in. i will get this one out and get it repaired
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          Don't feck about, it's not worth the hassle. Cut the pins, get the pads out then drill out the bits that are stuck...
                          Thats whats happening the morn Andy. Cut them if a cant get them off. I have left them soaking in more wd40 overnight. one bonus about all this hasle with brakes and everything else i have either done myself or had help with doing is i now feel more confident about doing things and i am a more knowlegeable person cos o this forum, Great guys Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X