Bugger another job to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugger another job to do

When i fitted my tow bar i noticed I have a verry rusty and hole ridden exhaust tail pipe and silencer pipe.

I have had a look on rough trax

£173.00 Exhaust Main Silencer
    £73.75 Rear exhaust tail pipe
    246.75 + vaT AND DEL

I was thinking maybe getting one from a breaker if it was much cheaper, is there a 3 gen being or about to be broken on here? roughly what price would the above be from a breaker?

another problem if there was not already enough! is that the exhaust pipe is too close to one of the bolts in the tow bar bracket and is ratteling against the bolt. could anyone tell me if the tail pipe would be flexible enough that if i were to adjust the steel exhaust bracket on the rear a few mm away from the exhaust would it be ok.

I dont want to put too much strain on the silencer joint. but the rattling is doing my nut.
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

eBay. Got my main silencer section for £70. Been on two years, still going strong.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Just ordered at Milners:

EXHAUST PIPE BOX TAIL 1 £35.00
      EXHAUST PIPE CENTRE BOX 1 £70.00
      EXHAUST PIPE GASKET 2 £2.00
      Shipping: £7.25 (Interlink Express) VAT: £20.34
      Order Total: £136.59

Comment

for not a lot more than your first price (£30) I had a system from the front pipe back custom made in stainless on my 2nd gen...dont know how a 3rd varies?
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Blimy thats some price difference, looks like milners it is!

the tow bar I got from roughtrax was excelent and I had it the next day, Just a pity they are so much more expensive.

thanks guys

mmm been looking at body and suspension lift kits again...... once I start I wont stop.

Comment

When it breaks off .... as mine did Ya could do a side exit !!!!
            Virtually no cost only a bitta ya time ....

There's always a Payback .... Don't expect any warning tho !!!!
            Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 3 November 2008, 15:21.
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ordered yesterday at 10:50

Delivered today at 10:45

That's what I call service. Well done to Milners.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_in_NL View Post
                Ordered yesterday at 10:50

Delivered today at 10:45

That's what I call service. Well done to Milners.
                whats the quality like? is it any different to a genuine toyota part?

Comment

Bit difficult to say. I am in Holland at the moment.

I had it delivered to my folks back there in the UK and I won't be back for another couple of weeks, so its GunGum in the meantime.

My Dad said that it all looked ok, solid and no dodgy welding. But it has a 2 year warranty with it, so I can't complain, I think Kwik5hit offer the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_in_NL View Post
                    Bit difficult to say. I am in Holland at the moment.

I had it delivered to my folks back there in the UK and I won't be back for another couple of weeks, so its GunGum in the meantime.

My Dad said that it all looked ok, solid and no dodgy welding. But it has a 2 year warranty with it, so I can't complain, I think Kwik5hit offer the same.
                    It sounds promising

I am currently eyeing up a baked bean can with a couple of jubulee clips as a quick repair as im off to Ireland on friday and I dont think I will have the time to replace the exhaust by thursday.

It was ok untill i poked it to see how bad the rust was

It would be good to know if there is any difference in quality before I order as i dont want to be replacing it again in a couple of years. also would the different silencer box make it quieter, (difference between the two makes, not hole or no hole )

Comment

Working...
                    X