painting LC springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting LC springs

Doing my lift on sat and ideally would like to give the coils a lick of paint before doing so. Can you use spray can hammerite? I'm guessing not as its crack when they flex but thought I would check.

If not think I'll leave it as the way I'm going the truck will probably give up the ghost before the springs rust through

You can spray hammerite, just mix with regular celly thinners but dump wot you dont use as it will "gell" or you can use proper hammerite thinners at an extorsionat price, dunno about flexing tho, you may need summat a bit mor rubbery
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hang on thinking about it, I dont mean hammerite I mean Wickes metal paint in a spray can. sorry, force of habit, always describe their metal hammered finish paint as Hammerite.
      Damn brand nameitis!

Comment

I would have thought you'd be OK unless the paint is rigid, and most isn't. When you think of the way springs flex, the paint isn't gonna flex that much. Are your LC springs not plastic dipped then?
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nope, Boyo was kind enough to pass me his standard ones so no baby blue in sight

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
            Doing my lift on sat and ideally would like to give the coils a lick of paint before doing so. Can you use spray can hammerite? I'm guessing not as its crack when they flex but thought I would check.

If not think I'll leave it as the way I'm going the truck will probably give up the ghost before the springs rust through
            who's surf are me and tintin lifting on sunday the 9th then dude ??
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

...and #### of the day award goes to......Biosurf!!!

Comment

Working...
              X